Job Title- Instrument Reference Data Analyst
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank’s businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centers such as London, Bangalore and Jaipur. A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimized and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
You will be joining Operations Reference Data Services, ORDS sits within (CIB) division of Deutsche Bank and plays an integral part in the firm’s first line of defence against financial crime, reducing the risk of working with new clients, while ensuring client relationships are on boarded and maintained efficiently. RDS provide a golden source of quality reference data across the bank, underpinning the firm’s key Regulatory, Control & Governance standards.
The role is to perform a number of key functions that support data quality of instrument reference data within the firm. This role forms part of Data Quality Operations team within Instrument Reference Data Services. Key responsibilities include day to day exception management, managing consumer queries and compiling daily metrics.
You will need to balance strong communication, time management, workload prioritization and risk awareness. You will be expected to work with stakeholders across Corporate Bank, Investment Bank, Private Bank, Infrastructure and Technology teams. Role also involves liaising with external data vendors to ensure data quality standards are met for the firm.
You will have face off to senior line management in addition to data vendors and technology stakeholders. You will also have the opportunity to deepen your process understanding of various instrument types (Equities, Fixed Income, Listed Derivatives, Benchmarks, etc,).
What we’ll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Your key responsibilities
- Performing and/or managing various exception management functions across data quality functions for all asset classes, across regions (APAC/EMEA/NY)
- Responding to consumer queries including analysing the issues raised and recommending remediation to address the issues
- Ensure accurate, timely and completeness of reporting
- Perform root cause analysis of exceptions with investigation & appropriate escalation of any significant issues found to senior management to ensure data quality standards are maintained
- Escalate any risks or issues to manger/management as part of the BAU activities
- Support activities related to application adoptions and migrations onto Instrument Reference Data Strategic platform in collaboration with technology partners
- Ensure timely resolution of data challenges received by working with internal and external stakeholders
Your skills and experience
- Instrument Reference Data domain experience preferred
- Analytical and problem solving skills to resolve complex issues
- Due to cross asset nature of the team ability to learn and understand multiple areas of the business - existing knowledge of one or more asset class is preferred
- Teamwork and ability to work under high pressure
- Clear and concise communication and escalation. Ability to recognise high risk situations and deal with them in a prompt manner
- Proactive and self-driven to drive continuous improvement
- Project management experience is a plus
- Detail oriented and control focused
- Prior experience in Financial Services is preferred.
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.