WE ARE THE HOME OF MUSIC
From a French tech start-up created in 2007, Deezer has become one of the first French unicorns and the second-largest independent music streaming platform in the world.
Now listed on #Euronext, growth is accelerating fueled by #Thepowerofmusic. Deezer is ideally positioned to play a key role in the continued development of the booming music streaming market. If you’re looking for an environment where you can grow and have an impact, this is the perfect time to join Deezer!
Our international and passionate teams are spreading their love for music, working to make Deezer the most personal and innovative music streaming service.
We believe music is about diversity & inclusion, multiculturalism, and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? Listen: **Join Us**
We are looking for a Data Engineer Intern to join our Customer and Monetization
Data Engineering team. Here our team brings data flows to life, connecting various sources and destinations to fuel Deezer’s user base growth and revenue.
One of its main missions is to support CRM (Customer Relationship Management) efforts to create personalized communications by enabling the delivery of the right message to the right user, at the right time.
In this data engineer internship, you will have the exciting opportunity to create a robust monitoring dashboard for reporting on CRM communication campaigns. This dashboard's primary goal is to diagnose and understand why a particular user did not receive a specific campaign. Such scenarios can occur for a multitude of reasons and your mission will be to build a comprehensive reporting tool that can accurately identify the root cause.
Internship starting from January/February 2024 for 6 months
What you will do:
- Work closely with several stakeholders such as CRM, and Customer Support to understand their needs and challenges.
- Integrate relevant data sources that contain user information and campaign data
- Design ETL data pipeline for cleansing, enriching, and structuring the data for analysis
- Develop a user-friendly reporting tool for accessing and interpreting the reason behind the non-delivery of CRM campaigns
- Improve the code base to optimize the cost of our cloud computing resources
- Ensure that all the code written is high quality, scalable, and testable
- Develop, test, and maintain big-data scripts that generate the datasets used by Customer and Monetization tools
- Work closely with the whole team to achieve company objectives
This role is excellent for a person with:
- You are currently enrolled in your last year or have just graduated with a Master’s Degree in Software Engineering, Data Science, or a related technical field
- Passion for Software Engineering and/or data analysis
- Experience in SQL and Python programming
- Experience using a visualization tool (Looker Studio, Tableau, Power BI, or similar)
- Curious: Being ready to tackle complex problems with insights and analyses at the crossroads of tech, product, data, and business
- Fluent working in French & English
Skills that we value:
- Eager to learn new programming languages and Big data frameworks
- Experience with one of the following Big data tools is a plus: BigQuery, Scala, Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch
- Good communication skills and the capacity to adapt to non-technical interlocutors
- At ease in teamwork, familiar with agile methodology and pair-programming
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
At Deezer, you can be your true self as we believe that #everyvoicematters. We strive to build an inclusive culture and foster a diverse environment. Because we care and want to ensure each employee feels welcome and safe at work, we continuously focus on fighting biases and helping diverse teams work well together through multiple learning opportunities, e-learnings, and workshops right from the onboarding :
- Regular Diversity & Inclusion internal and external talks
- Dedicated employee work streams on Gender Equity, Ethnicity & Culture, Disability, and LGBTQ+
- Multiple e-learning and mandatory training sessions for all managers
- English and French courses for all, so that everyone can connect and feel included
Beyond benefits like health insurance, and transportation, we offer you extra perks like:
- A Deezer premium family account for free
- Access to gym classes
- Deezer parties several times a year and drinks every Thursday
- Allowance for sports, traveling, and culture
- Meal vouchers
- Great offices are always located in dynamic and attractive districts, whether in Paris, London, Berlin, or Sao Paulo!
- Hybrid remote work policy
If you want to learn more about life and culture at Deezer, please visit our Welcome to the Jungle page here!