As a Data Engineer/Analytics Engineer at Decathlon SG you will be building robust and scalable data pipelines, APIs, self service BI applications, process automation tools and much more to unlock value across all business areas, from store operations over marketing to e-commerce.
You will be part of a full stack data team consisting of data analysts, data scientists and product owners while being embedded within a large international network of 300+ data practitioners.
We have a global data lake and data infrastructure managed by a central team meaning you can focus on activities that have a direct and tangible impact to our daily business and tap in to a treasure trove of structured and unstructured data collected in our worldwide stores, websites, mobile apps, warehouses, R&D facilities and ecosystem partners.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business teams to identify solutions, clarify requirements and improve existing tools - you help teammates develop a data driven mindset
- Be an advocate and key contact for automation and data use throughout the business
- Conceptualize, develop, deploy and maintain new data pipelines, APIs and self service BI apps in accordance with modern best practices - you are in charge of your solutions release, maintainability and performance
- Maintaining and rethinking existing data pipelines and solutions to serve a wider audience and new use cases
- Actively contribute to the data/analytics engineering community
- Be an advocate for data driven decision making
- At least 2 years data engineering experience building production grade data pipelines and wrangling large amounts of data with a focus on quality and scalability
- Advanced to expert python skills - you are able to write modular and scalable code be it for a data pipeline an API or a web scraper
- Intermediate to advanced Spark (preferably pySpark) and SQL (Redshift & BigQuery)
- Solid experience with AWS & GCP (we use both) or other cloud environments, specifically with focus on cloud based data warehousing and data management
- DevOps and automation skills - Workflow scheduling, Containers, CI/CD, Testing & monitoring
- Experience building APIs and small apps with flask, FastAPI or similar frameworks
Nice to have:
- Experience building Dashboards and BI solutions
- Experience with Jenkins and Airflow
- Experience in Data Science and Machine Learning
Who we are looking for?
- Passionate for Sports & Data
- Self-starter with an ownership mindset and the ability to strive in a fast growing environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willingness to work on a wide range of topics not only confined to data engineering (e.g. Dashboards, ML pipelines, web scraping)
- Responsible and reliable with high standards and attention to details
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative and open environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Variable monthly performance bonus (up to 10%)
- Be a shareholder, with an exclusive annual option to invest in Decathlon shares.
- Opportunity to work in an international, sporty environment
- Staff discount across all Decathlon brands
- Internal and external training available
Decathlon is actively engaged in inclusion and non-discrimination, and acts for the integration of differently abled, seniors, social mix, and gender equality.
We recruit personalities and diversity in our workplace is an essential source of innovation and performance.