About DECA Games
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 300 people in over 30 countries globally. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone (9 a.m. - 6 p.m. CET).
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our international BI team. The role requires ownership of analytics of a set of games in one or two studios. You will be working closely with LiveOps and Marketing teams, Product Managers, and studio heads. The role requires solid analytical thinking and knowledge of SQL technologies and reporting tools.
- Has a full understanding of the front and backend of BI technologies. Knows industry standard technologies to suggest improvements or switch to another technology.
- Owns all reports and tables and makes sure KPIs are accurate for all games in the studio.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to meet their data needs.
- Rebuild pipelines / ETLs / large queries to improve speed and reduce costs.
- Searches for areas for improvements in the game.
- Delivers 3-4 bigger projects within 12 months that have a clear impact on major KPIs of game(s).
- "Quality and speed" should be of equal importance when delivering work. No QA is required to deliver work.
- Oversees transition of a few games in the studio.
- Manages 1-2 Junior Data Analyst or interns.
- Keeps documentation, jira boards, and team-related tools for several games in the studio.
- 2-5 years of experience as a Data Analyst or Data Engineer.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and related technologies.
- Solid experience with visualization tools like Tableau or PowerBI.
- Knowledge of third-party tools (Appsflyer, appfigures, ironsource, etc) and KPIs.
- Ability to show ownership and work closely with stakeholders.
- Analytical and proactive mindset, independent team player.
- Experience in mobile apps or the gaming industry is a plus.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 30 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.