About DECA Games
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 300 people in over 30 countries globally. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone (9 a.m. - 6 p.m. CET).
About the role
We are looking for a Junior Data Analyst who will play a crucial role in helping us understand player behavior, optimize game performance, and drive data-informed decision-making. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including game designers, developers, and product managers, to extract insights from data and contribute to the overall success of our games.
- Data Collection and Analysis:
- Collaborate with game development teams to define and implement data tracking requirements.
- Analyze player data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement.
- Create and maintain regular reports on key performance indicators (KPIs) to support decision-making processes.
- Present findings and insights to stakeholders in a clear and understandable manner.
- A/B Testing:
- Assist in designing and implementing A/B tests to evaluate the impact of game features and changes.
- Analyze A/B test results and provide recommendations for optimization.
- Player Segmentation:
- Develop player segmentation models to better understand player demographics and behavior.
- Provide insights to help tailor game experiences for different player segments.
- Predictive Modeling:
- Work on building predictive models to forecast player behavior and monetization trends.
- Continuously refine models based on new data and changing game dynamics.
- Collaborate with other analysts and teams to share insights and best practices.
- Work closely with developers to ensure data integrity and accurate implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related disciplines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in SQL and experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI).
- Familiarity with statistical analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex findings to non-technical stakeholders.
- Passion for gaming and understanding player behavior.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 30 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.