Datavant is a rapidly growing health information technology company with a mission to connect the world’s health data to improve patient outcomes. Datavant works to reduce the friction of data sharing across the healthcare industry by building technology that protects the privacy of patients while supporting the linkage of patient health records across datasets.By joining Datavant today, you’re stepping onto a highly collaborative, remote-first team that is passionate about creating transformative change in healthcare. We hire for three traits: we want people who are smart, nice, and get things done. We invest in our people and believe in hiring for high-potential and humble individuals who can rapidly grow their responsibilities as the company scales. Datavant is a distributed, remote-first team, and we empower Datavanters to shape their working environment in a way that suits their needs. Read more about our culture and benefits here!
As a member of the newly formed Data Science team at Datavant, you will own product development built on data analysis, modeling, and the associated technical infrastructure and workflows.
- Lead end-to-end algorithm development of productized models: model specs, training data generation, testing, parameter tuning.
- Collaborate with engineering to incorporate models into production infrastructure and build production tools to monitor model performance.
- Have written and spoken exposition of the ideas underlying model development to a range of audiences-- technical and non-technical, internal and external.
- Identify areas where data science can help grow the company, including product improvements, internal tools, and commercial operations.
What you will bring to the table:
- Driven, startup-ready, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communicator able to manage multiple projects at once
- Outstanding track record in previous roles
- At least two years of industry experience working as a data scientist or engineer, using Python, and contributing to production code.
- Fluency working with machine learning models, databases, and statistics
Bonus points if:
- Experience managing production level engineering architecture-- databases, pipelines, deployment, dependency managers.
We are committed to building a diverse team of Datavanters who are smart, nice, and get things done, where every Datavanter is empowered to bring their authentic self to their work. We are all responsible for stewarding a high-performance culture in which all Datavanters belong and thrive. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Our compensation philosophy is to be externally competitive, internally fair, and not win or lose on compensation. Salary ranges for this position are developed with the support of benchmarks (competitive San Francisco rates for US-based roles) and industry best practices.
We’re building a high-growth, high-autonomy culture. We rely less on job titles and more on cultivating an environment where anyone can contribute, the best ideas win, and personal growth is driven by expanding impact. This means we default to simple job titles (e.g., Software Engineer) rather than complex ones (e.g., Senior Software Engineer). The range posted is for a given job title, which can include multiple levels. Individual rates for the same job title may differ based on level, responsibilities, skills, and experience for a specific job. The estimated salary range for this role is [$X,XXX - $X,XXX].
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be anonymous and used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. (We can only see aggregate responses, not individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not.) Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.