DESCRIPTION OF THE TASKS
- Elaboration of functional and non-functional requirements, business case analysis related to data analytics, definition of metrics and key indicators.
- Coordination of data analytics service activities including digital transformation, design and development of dashboards, assistance in the implementation of methodologies, data transformation and synchronization, review of data architecture.
- Provision of solutions (including proof of concepts) in relation with data analytics systems, including by assisting business owners in defining performance dashboards and gathering business requirements for BI and analytics, development of reports and analytical dashboards, data analysis and modelling, design and development of reporting applications and BI solutions.
- Monitoring, maintenance, and improvement of the reporting architecture, including data transformation and servers.
- Provision of ad-hoc analysis, expert advice and assistance, technology watch, evaluation work, architectural considerations, applicable standards, solution patterns and best practices in a specific area of data analytics technology (business intelligence, data discovery and data analytics using Qlik, data science using R and/or Python).
- In the context of the Commission strategy for its IT infrastructure, analysis, and preparation of the impacts of cloud services implementation as part of the reporting infrastructure.
- Follow-up of service quality, monitoring of work carried out by support teams to ensure highest service quality, review of information systems and data, reporting to management.
- Provision of quality plans, quality assessments, quality control tests, evaluations, and service agreements associated with data analytics solutions, services, or projects.
- Participation in meetings with business and project teams across different parts of the organization, which can include technical and strategic meetings, webinars, dedicated training.
- Working in close collaboration with other members of the team.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- In depth knowledge of EAC’s programs and in particular the European Solidarity Corps is necessary or would have to be acquired proactively to achieve goals and desired objectives for the projects.
- Deep knowledge in one or more domains required for the function (data warehousing, data transformation & architecture, data lakes, data analytics, data management and governance, data quality control, data science or advanced statistics, data virtualization, cloud-based business intelligence design).
- Excellent knowledge of tools & technology supporting data warehouses (relational database, SQL, QliSense, NPrinting, Business Objects, BODS);
- A good knowledge of Microsoft suite tools is an asset (Sharepoint, Excel).
- Knowledge of performance monitoring and end-to-end KPI production.
- Quality champion: ability to apply high standards of quality, upgrade operations practices for high level of service, and reliable data & statistics.
- Capability to write clear and structured technical and non-technical documents and deliver effective Presentations.
- Ability to lead and participate in multi-lingual meetings (working groups, task forces), Excellent communication skills, ability to understand and be understood, to analyze and synthesize issues, tackle complex problems and follow-up resolution.
Due to the particular nature of a large international organization, candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in a team.
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings (English and French).
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on multiple large projects.
- Excellent Team Player
- Ability to understand, speak and write in English with a minimum level of B2, French is an advantage.
- High degree of discretion and integrity is required.
- At least 10 years of specific expertise in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Integration / virtualization, Data Modelling, ETL/ELT, dashboards, data virtualization, analytical processing, or data mining systems (min. competence level 5).
- At least 6 years of specific expertise in the development using Qlik products (Qlikview, Qlik Sense, NPrinting, Qlik GeoAnalytics).
- Experience in DataOps, knowledge of data science tools and theory (including elements of machine learning), or cloud analytics is an advantage.
The following documents / procedures will be requested to successfully complete the hiring process :
- A copy of your university degree(s)
- A copy of your criminal record
- Security Clearance Procedure
EU-Nationality is mandatory for ALL our job openings
We can, also, take into consideration CVs, that acquire work permit in the location where the client is or the job should be performed
WHO ARE WE?
VASS Group (https://vasscompany.com/en/) is a leading digital solutions group of companies headquartered in Madrid, Spain, present in 25 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia with more than 4,300 professionals.
VASS helps large companies in their digital transformation process, developing and executing the most innovative and scalable projects, from strategy to operations.
All our growth comes from our talented people, passion for innovation, and a constant search for improvement, always the VASS way: “Complex made simple”.