Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the Role
As a Data Scientist on our Partner Services Team, you will deliver experimentation, price optimisation and product recommendation programs for our partners to increase product adoption and revenue.
To drive success in this role, you will have experience ideating growth initiatives and deploying algorithms to address real-time product recommendation and pricing use cases. As Data Scientist you should be comfortable discussing statistical and machine learning methodology and have significant experience with Machine Learning systems, working with the details of algorithms, not just the tools' application. Regular collaboration with internal product growth teams and external partners will be key in ensuring revenue growth metrics are achieved.
What your working week will involve;
- Using internal data to formulate and test hypotheses relating to various aspects of business performance.
- Design and implement algorithms to optimise yield, with a special focus on Contextual Bandits for product recommendation and pricing.
- Be responsible for developing use cases using Large Language Models and multimodal AI tools, including fine-tuning of internal models and model evaluation.
- You will identify opportunities to continuously improve systems and processes.
- Research and closely follow emerging trends in applied AI and associated software
What the ideal profile looks like;
- 4+ years practical, hands-on experience with various Machine Learning and statistical testing techniques.
- Master's or PhD in Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other Quantitative fields.
- Familiarity with contextual bandits and revenue management methodologies
- Hands on experience with deep learning models
- Comfortable working in a DevOps environment with a basic understanding of the principles
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.