Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 129 million registered learners as of June 30, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
We are looking for a talented Senior Machine Learning Scientist (Growth) to join our team and support growth initiatives focused on increasing user conversion for a rapidly expanding line of business. You will work closely with our data science, product, and marketing teams to develop personalized models and algorithms, analyze data, and make data-driven decisions to boost user engagement and conversion rates. Your focus will be on enhancing personalization, refining marketing strategies, building propensity models, and developing next best action models for hyper-personalization to drive user growth.
- Develop and implement machine learning models for user conversion optimization, personalization, propensity modeling, and next best action recommendations
- Work directly with marketing teams to refine strategies and targeting methods for user acquisition and retention, incorporating next best action models
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify growth opportunities and insights through personalized user experiences and targeted marketing initiatives
- Analyze user behavior, interests, and preferences to tailor marketing and content recommendations
- Build and maintain next best action models to determine the most effective content or marketing initiatives for individual users at any given time
- Design and conduct A/B tests to measure the effectiveness of new features, marketing initiatives, and hyper-personalization strategies
- Masters degree in Statistics, Optimization, Computer Science, or a related STEM field
- Strong background in optimization, statistics, deep learning, and causal modeling
- Previous experience in machine learning, data science, or a related field, specifically in a marketing or growth context
- Ability to translate complex algorithm outputs into actionable marketing insights and strategies
- Background in data analysis and visualization toolsProficiency in Python & SQL
- PhD in Statistics, Optimization, Computer Science, or a related STEM field
- Experience with marketing analytics & audience building, Large Language Models, propensity modeling, reinforcement learning, bandit algorithms, and/or personalized marketing algorithms
- Extensive experience (5+ years) in machine learning, data science, or a related field, specifically in a marketing or growth context
- Familiarity with data engineering, SQL, and cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to derive insights from data to inform decision-making, familiarity with customer journey mapping, customer segmentation, and user behavior analysis
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with experience in translating complex analysis results to a non-technical audience
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Artificial Intelligence in Marketing
- Machine Learning Specialization: DeepLearning.AI
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at [email protected].
For California Candidates, please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
For our Global Candidates, please review our GDPR Recruitment Notice here.