We are looking for an experienced data engineer who has an experience with building data pipeline frameworks for large data environments. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Data Pipeline Development: Design, develop, and implement scalable and robust data pipelines for collecting, processing, and storing large volumes of structured and unstructured data from various sources. This includes data ingestion, data transformation, data integration, and data quality assurance. Data Storage and Management: Design and implement data storage solutions that meet the requirements of big data processing, including distributed storage systems like Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), cloud-based data storage services, and relational and NoSQL databases. Optimize data storage and retrieval mechanisms for performance and cost-efficiency. Data Transformation and ETL: Develop data transformation and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes to clean, filter, aggregate, and enrich data for downstream analytics and reporting purposes. Implement data validation and error handling mechanisms to ensure data accuracy and integrity. Performance Optimization: Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in data pipelines and data processing systems. Tune and optimize data workflows, queries, and algorithms to improve overall system performance and response times. Monitoring and Maintenance: Establish monitoring and alerting systems to track data pipeline health, performance, and data quality. Documentation and Collaboration: Create and maintain technical documentation, including system architecture, data flow diagrams, and standard operating procedures. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, providing technical guidance and support to ensure successful project delivery.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 8+ years of solid data engineering experience in big data technologies and frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Spark-Streaming, Spark-CDC, EC2, AWS EC2, EMR cluster, and distributed computing concepts.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java and Scala, and experience with SQL (RDS, Postgress, Mysql) and NoSQL (Cassandra,DynamoDB) databases and tools such as Autosys, Erwin ADS for data governance, Google Web Toolkit.
- Strong understanding of data modeling, data structures, and database design principles.
- Familiarity with data warehousing, data lakes, and cloud-based data platforms (e.g., Snowflake, AWS Cloud).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with data visualization and analytics tool like Power BI is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Corebridge Financial, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At Corebridge Financial, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: www.corebridgefinancial.com
Corebridge Financial is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company