Journeymen Operations Research Analyst – Open Source Practitioner
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Join our team at Core One! Our mission is to be at the forefront of devising analytical, operational, and technical solutions to our Nation's most complex national security challenges. In order to achieve our mission, Core One values people first! We are committed to recruiting, nurturing, and retaining top talent! We offer a competitive total compensation package that sets us apart from our competition. Core One is a team-oriented, dynamic, and growing company that values exceptional performance!
Core One is searching for a seasoned Journeymen Operations Research Analyst to join a prestigious defense and security organization dedicated to delivering cutting-edge solutions in support of our military and government clients. We are currently looking for a skilled Analyst to become an integral part of our Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) team, where you will contribute significantly to our mission in serving our valued military clientele. As a Journeyman Operations Research Analyst - Open Source Practitioner with Core One, you will play a pivotal role in gathering, analyzing, and leveraging open source intelligence (OSINT) to support critical objectives within the Army's mission. Your expertise in conducting OSINT operations, collaborating with various intelligence disciplines, and providing actionable insights will contribute to our success.
Key Responsibilities: In this role you will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the collection and exploitation of PAI by effectively utilizing OSINT tools.
- Employ sophisticated methodologies to exploit social media platforms and public-accessible databases, contributing to intelligence objectives.
- Create in-depth OSINT reports and network analysis products that serve as valuable resources for informed decision-making.
- Skillfully gather, synthesize, and analyze open source intelligence information, aligning efforts with force protection, counterterrorism, counternarcotic, and other mission-critical objectives.
- Foster coordination and collaboration with subject matter experts across various intelligence disciplines to develop finished intelligence products, including comprehensive threat assessments.
- Assess the latest developments in OSINT methodologies and tools, offering formal recommendations to enhance our capabilities.
- Provide timely and critical intelligence support by promptly addressing Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Communicate key insights derived from OSINT to senior personnel and officers as needed, ensuring clear and effective communication.
- Provide valuable insights and input to shape the development of OSINT training requirements, ensuring our team maintains a leading edge in expertise.
- Assume responsibility for operational planning, technical documentation, and other tasks as directed by the customer, actively contributing to mission success.
- Identify and address issues with OSINT tools to maintain and optimize operational efficiency, ensuring seamless intelligence operations.
Required Education, Experience, & Qualifications:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Successful completion of Government OSINT Training courses (e.g., OS301/OS302, CASO), or equivalent defense or IC courses (DIA OS1, FBI OS101).
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated intelligence experience with a BA/BS degree, or 5 years with an AS degree, or 7 years with a high school diploma.
- Proficiency in using Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) OSINT tools, including the Berber Hunter Tool Kit applications (e.g., SILO, SCRAAWL, Data Miner, and Babel).
- Demonstrated experience in a field related to OSINT research, collection management, analysis, or the exploitation of PAI or social media.
- Previous military or government analytical training (e.g., all source, SIGINT, HUMINT, or GEOINT).
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Proven experience in providing intelligence analytical support for the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Foreign language proficiency at the 2+/2+ DLPT level or higher.
- Knowledge of scripting languages and technologies, including Python, Java, R Script, and JEMA.
- Demonstrated experience in researching tradecraft relevancy.
- Familiarity with distributed learning methodologies and technologies.
- Proficiency with MS Office and SharePoint.
Core One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.