Conversica is the leading provider of Conversation Automation solutions, with billions of human interactions spanning more than a decade. Our Revenue Digital Assistants (RDAs) supercharge workforces for growth. They enable marketing, sales, and customer success teams to acquire untapped revenue through perfectly structured conversations. Unlike chatbots, they are powerfully human and can hold meaningful conversations at every touchpoint. Conversica RDAs are used by leaders nationwide to get the conversation going and build a Growth Workforce.
Winning multiple awards including Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies and recognized by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, Conversica is a portfolio company of Providence Equity, Kennet Partners and Toba Capital and is headquartered in San Mateo, California in Silicon Valley with additional US offices in Seattle and Bellingham, Washington.
As a Data Scientist on our team, you will work with other data scientists and engineers on the team and directly contribute to the innovative products we are building. You will interact with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments.
This is primarily a remote position, with occasional travel to our Seattle office location.
- Designs, develops, and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
- Responsible for developing, improving, and experimenting with methodologies and algorithms to support these efforts, using machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence and natural language processing techniques.
- Your scope will reach from text classification problems over big data analytics to A/B testing and experiment design.
- Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources.
- Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
- Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Predictive Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science with coursework in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Natural Language Processing; Masters/PhD preferred.
- 2 to 4 years relevant experience is preferred.
- Experience and training in cutting-edge research in machine learning, or natural language processing.
- Demonstrated success in using and developing machine learning models and data sets in a production environment.
- Advanced proficiency with at least one programming language for data analysis, preferably Python Experience with large data sets (10 million+ rows)
- Ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
- Experience working in an agile methodology.
- Develop according to privacy by design and security by design principles.
- Ability to identify privacy and security workflow non-functional requirements and escalate any potential security or privacy design questions to Conversica’s Architectural and Security teams at the design phase. The candidate will be expected to develop according to Conversica’s SDLC, Secure Development Policy, Architectural standards, and Security Requirements.
- General understanding of U.S. and international privacy laws and regulations, especially as it relates to database access and design (Applicable Conversica Regulations - GDPR, CCPA, CAN-SPAM, and COPPA). General understanding of applicable security frameworks (AWS CIS Benchmark, SOC 2, ISO 27001, HIPPA, PCI-DSS)
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $105,000/year to $140,000/year. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Conversica offers comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits, flex time PTO, 401k plus company match, and equity. Further details can be provided upon request.
Conversica is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Conversica does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Conversica.