Associate Consultant - Data Analytics
Sep 05, 2023
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Control Risks is seeking an Associate Consultant to join our Data Analytics team within our Dubai practice. This professional will be responsible for providing data analytics and consulting services to help clients address adverse business situations through data identification, modelling, and analytics.
To be successful, he/she will support and collaborate with the existing team to contribute to technology, data analytics and consulting projects across a diverse range of clients in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Role Task & Responsibilities:
Identify and extract relevant data from client enterprise data systems and structured databases (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
Organize and interrogate electronic data to assess completeness and appropriateness for analysis.
Design and implement qualitative and quantitative data analysis methodologies to discover meaningful trends and red flag behaviour, and to optimize operational efficiencies.
The ability to develop bespoke scripts to support ongoing analysis of client risk areas and to identify and understand relationships between multiple data sources.
Create and design data queries, procedures and reports to address client requests and project strategies.
Prepare written analyses, summary reports, presentations and other client deliverables for projects and work performed.
Create and maintain documentation of assumptions, methodologies, and information sources throughout the project lifecycle.
Engage directly with stakeholders within a client environment either alone or with support from senior team members. He/she will be required to manage expectations, and deliverables across multiple projects simultaneously.
Create high quality work product that is accurate, visually appealing, and consistent with Control Risks global standards.
1-3 years working in consulting, data analytics, finance/accounting, strategy, or other relevant industry with an emphasis in analytics and complex problem-solving.
Experience manipulating and analysing large amounts of data and interpreting the results.
Knowledge and experience using advanced analytic tools for data visualization, modelling, data management, ETL, data aggregation and dynamic reporting.
Experience working in a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
Complex problem solving in terms of investigations into fraud, corruption, and compliance breaches.
Bachelor’s degree in a technology relevant field such as Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science or Actuarial Science. Postgraduate qualifications are an advantage.
Proven capability in Python, SQL and Tableau and Power BI
Ability to leverage technology to solve problems.
Excellent written and oral presentation skills (English) to effectively communicate with diverse audiences of varying degrees of expertise.
Ability to work well under pressure and manage deadlines, while effectively juggling competing demands and evolving priorities
Eagerness to learn and contribute to team and project goals
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- Private medical insurance
- Annual Housing Allowance
- Compulsory monthly employer contributions to the DIFC Employment Workplace Saving Scheme
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.
- Control Risks support hybrid working arrangement, whenever possible, that emphasizes the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus schemes that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance