Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) is the biggest bank in Australia. Our purpose is to improve the financial wellbeing of our customers and communities. CBA India Services is the newest workplace of CBA that will complement the work of teams based out of Australia and other international locations to help deliver our strategy of ‘building tomorrow’s bank today for our customers by leveraging world-class technology.
What is Chief Data Analytics Office (CDAO)?
Our Chief Data Analytics Office (CDAO) team provides the building blocks of success with billions of data points that drives industry-leading experiences for our customers. Made up of data engineers, data architects, insights analysts, data scientists, visualization experts, and more, the Data and Analytics business provides extensive learning and growth opportunities to every team member.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer with a passion for data and databases, who enjoys analyzing problems and solving them on a daily basis and who is adept at working on Big Data technologies in a collaborative environment.
What would be your Roles and Responsibilities?
In your role as a Data Engineer, you will be
- Reporting to a Data Engineering Manager ( Chapter Lead)
- Utilizing Big Data technologies to solve our customers' data centric problems.
- Working closely with the Solution Designers and Business Analysts to perform Data Ingestion, Enrichment and Egression
- Working across the Group Data Warehouse, Big Data Platform, Ab Initio and Data Stage.
- Designing and building group data products by integrating diverse data from hundreds of internal and external sources
- Adopting tools, programming languages and templates to improve our data quality and efficiency
- Building and optimizing Big Data pipelines, architecture and data sets
- Working with and extracting data from large disconnected / unstructured datasets
- Required to maintain and build excellent relationships with CDAO peers and stakeholders as well as actively contribute to business outcomes and team culture
What skills will you need to be successful in this role?
A degree in Engineering / Computer Science or a related discipline
Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on experience in Software Engineering or development using Scala or Java to build solution in Hadoop, Hive and Spark technologies.
Minimum 3+ years of hands-on experience on Teradata / Oracle / SQL Server / MySQL (Mandatory for Teradata Engineers and Desirable for Big Data Engineers)
A good high level understanding of any source control tools like GitHub/ BitBucket etc.
Minimum of 3+ years of experience on Shell Scripting
Should be well aware of AGILE processes and methodologies
A natural ability to effectively communicate, educate and influence the different stakeholders/ peers, to solve challenging problems, while working in collaboration with other cross-functional engineering and solution design teams
A positive desire to contribute towards initiatives, along with a strong ‘can- do’ attitude in juggling between constantly changing priorities
Prior experience on Banking Domain / Financial Services related projects would be a great value add
Hands on experience on Ab Initio is highly desirable
Good to have experience in Python
Exposure to JIRA/ Confluence would be beneficial
Hands on experience of Tableau, d3 and Shiny for presentation of data insights is a great value add
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 21/11/2023