Analyst 2, Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
Nov 04, 2023
GA - Atlanta, 2605 Circle 75 Pkwy SE
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for working cross-functionally to collect data and develop models to determine trends utilizing a variety of data sources. Retrieves, analyzes and summarizes business, operations, employee, customer and/or economic data in order to develop business intelligence, optimize effectiveness, predict business outcomes and decision-making purposes. Involved with numerous key business decisions by conducting the analyses that inform our business strategy. This may include: impact measurement of new products or features via normalization techniques, optimization of business processes through robust A/B testing, clustering or segmentation of customers to identify opportunities of differentiated treatment, deep dive analyses to understand drivers of key business trends, identification of customer sentiment drivers through natural language processing (NLP) of verbatim responses to Net Promotor System (NPS) surveys and development of frameworks to drive upsell strategy for existing customers by balancing business priorities with customer activity. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Works with business leaders and stakeholders to understand data and analysis needs and develop technical requirements.
- Determines relevancy of data and identifies alternative data sources as needed to ensure analytics requested by business stakeholders can be completed.
- Analyzes large, complex data to determine actionable business insights using self-service analytics and reporting tools.
- Queries disparate big data platforms such as Teradata, SQL Server, Hadoop, and AWS.
- Combines data as needed from disparate data sources to complete analysis.
- Identifies key business drivers and insights by conducting exploratory data analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Develops forecasting models to predict sales, demand and other key business metrics.
- Analyzes the results of campaigns, offers or initiatives to measure their effectiveness and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Communicates findings clearly and concisely through narrative-driven presentations and effective data visualizations to Company executives and decisionmakers.
- Promotes and evangelizes a culture of excellence, data driven discussions, healthy skepticism, intellectual curiosity, knowledge sharing, and teamwork.
- Stays current with emerging trends in analytics, statistics, and machine learning and applies them to business challenges.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
**Disclaimer:**This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality—to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Certifications (if applicable)
Relative Work Experience
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.