Who are we?
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learn to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Why this role?
We are on a mission to build machines that understand the world and make them safely accessible to all. Data quality is foundational to this process. Machines (or Large Language Models to be exact) learn in similar ways to humans - by way of feedback. By labelling, ranking, auditing, and correcting text output, you will improve Large Language Model’s performance for iterations to come, thus having a lasting impact on Cohere’s tech. Cohere is on the lookout for dynamic and dedicated Data Annotators with exceptional skills in Spanish writing and translation.
Please Note: This is a part-time independent contractor position. We are looking for candidates who are able to commit to 12 hours per week minimum at a $30/hour contract rate. This role is BYOD 💻 - Bring Your Own Device (laptop). Occasional remote work is permitted. Performance incentives included!
As a Data Quality Specialist, you will:
- Label and Rank: Accurately label and rank machine learning data with advanced proficiency in Spanish, ensuring data integrity and quality.
- Audit and Correct: Scrutinize and rectify any inaccuracies in Spanish, language data, maintaining the highest standard of data accuracy.
- Reading and Text-Based Tasks: Efficiently complete reading and text-based assignments in Spanish, with high attention to detail.
- Preference-Based Tasks: Evaluate and complete tasks, assessing which responses in Spanish best conform to our style guide.
- Recommend Optimizations: Identify and suggest opportunities for improving data quality and model performance in Spanish language tasks.
- Provide Feedback: Collaborate and communicate effectively, providing feedback to cross-functional team members, particularly on Spanish language-related matters.
- Detail-Oriented Execution: Maintain meticulous attention to detail while performing repetitive and precise tasks, particularly when working with Spanish language data.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Language Proficiency: Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish; excellent command over English.
- Expert reading and writing skills - which you are ready to prove on our written test
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy - you’re the type to proofread all of your emails!
- High tolerance for repetitive and monotonous work
- Ability to follow complex instructions, navigate ambiguity and work independently
- Superb sense of urgency and time management
- Curiosity about technology and a knack for tackling problems in creative ways
- A reliable laptop you are able to bring into the office
The Candidate Journey:
- Initial Screening - Once you have submitted your application our Talent Team will review your resume and writing samples.
- Virtual Meet & Greet - If selected to move forward, you will have a short video call with a member of our Annotation Army!
- Practical Assessment - This assignment will test your written skill through various language-based tasks, such as a a writing sample, interacting with a chat bot, and more.
- Offer - Independent Contractor Agreement
Prospective candidates, please be advised: this role involves working with human generated and model generated tasks may involve exposure to not safe for work (NSFW) text content as part of data annotation tasks, including explicit, offensive, or other inappropriate material.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work with cutting-edge AI technology
🪴 A vibrant & central location
🥨 A great selection of office snacks
🏆 Performance-based incentives