Remote Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack
Sep 06, 2023
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10), ART (UTC -3), UTC -4, UTC -4:30, UTC -3, UTC -2, SBT (UTC +11), GMT (UTC +0), CET (UTC +1), EET (UTC +2), MSK (UTC +3), AST (UTC -4), NST (UTC -3:30), CVT (UTC -1), WAT (UTC +1), SAST (UTC +2), EAT (UTC +3)
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our development team! Initially, you will work alongside our Tech Lead on a refactoring project with the goal of modernizing our base architecture. More details on that below, but first an introduction to us
Who we are
We’re a profitable, bootstrapped company that helps health & wellness clinics reduce paperwork, stay organized, and ultimately free up their time so they can spend more time with clients and less time managing administrative tasks.
Officially, we’re based in Toronto, Canada but each of us works remotely across North America, Europe, and Africa. We are looking for someone who is comfortable with a 4 to 5 hours overlap with the EST timezone.
We use Slack to stay in touch throughout the week and Google Meet for sprint planning, standups, and a once-per-week full team meeting (for a demo day, updates from customer support/marketing/customer success, and we have a bit of fun playing a game together).
Our tech stack:
- Django, FastAPI
- React, Redux and Redux-Saga
- MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis
Why join us
We’re a team that loves what we do and we all thrive on our ability to make an impact. We measure our success based on our output and quality of work, not the number of hours worked each week. We value work-life balance and offer flexibility to handle anything that may come up in our personal lives and to work when we feel the most productive.
Who we’re looking for
Initially, this role will be part of a long-term refactoring project alongside our Tech Lead. After this refactoring project, the role will transition to one that involves new feature development, bug fixes, writing tests, and assisting with code reviews.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has proven full-stack experience in Django, Python, FastAPI, and React/React-Saga
- Has previous experience refactoring existing code and designing new API interfaces
- Has a solid conceptual understanding of server architecture & scalable systems
- Is able to identify limitations of existing code and thoughtfully plan out its integration into the new architecture, including testing assumptions beforehand and thoroughly testing post-integration
- Can identify technical risks, performance bottlenecks, and scaling opportunities
- Can identify opportunities to improve our development processes to ensure all code follows standards, is well tested, and goes to production with minimal risk of incidents
In terms of industry work experience, the following is relevant for this role:
- 5+ years of industry software development experience
- 2+ years in a software development role for a SaaS business
- Previous experience with FastAPI (or a willingness to learn)
- Previous experience in Redis, MongoDB, and/or Elasticsearch
- An understanding of Linux-based operating systems
- Salary - competitive based on experience & location
- Vacation - 26 vacation days (15 days PTO + 11 public holidays)
ClinicSense asks respectfully to only apply through the application form and not email/apply to them directly. Recruiters and Agencies please do not contact ClinicSense directly.