About Clear Street:
Clear Street is building modern infrastructure for capital markets. Founded in 2018 by top Wall Street and Silicon Valley veterans, Clear Street is an independent, non-bank prime broker designed to solve the industry’s most neglected problem: legacy technology.
We have built a proprietary, cloud-native clearing and custody system from the ground floor to replace the outdated infrastructure used across capital markets. Our platform is fully integrated with central clearing houses and exchanges to support billions in trading volume per day. We’ve agonized about our data model abstractions, created horizontal scalability, and crafted thoughtful APIs. All so we can provide a best-in-class experience for our clients.
By combining highly-skilled product and engineering talent with seasoned finance professionals, we’re building the essentials to compete in today’s fast-paced markets.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to work in the Data Analytics team, a part of the engineering division. This role will be focused on working closely with business stakeholders, helping to facilitate their access to the firm’s data via Cloud-based data warehousing and BI tools, Excel, and SQL. Basic Python knowledge is required for this role to help automate the running of SQL scripts.
- Work closely with business stakeholders like Finance, Operations, Compliance, Sales & Trading to generate business insights that empowers decision making
- Build queries, reports, and interactive dashboards using the Sigma Computing BI tool
- Promote adoption of the BI tool and help build proficiency in it across the organization
- Query the Snowflake data warehouse using SQL
- Learn and adopt software engineering lifecycle best practices for creating and maintaining business critical reports
- Contribute to the growth, process improvement, and the general operation of the team and company
Our team is composed of highly motivated and capable information professionals. The team seeks to support data-driven decision making by providing information to key stakeholders. As a member of the DATA team, you will interact with colleagues across the firm, from engineering to the business. We strive to be collaborative and supportive of your personal and professional growth.
- 2+ years of experience working with data, preferably in the finance sector
- Experience using BI tools to query data and create visualizations
- Experience with Snowflake data warehouse or a BI tool like Sigma Computing
- Experience with Excel or Google Sheets, specifically lookup functions, charting, and pivot table creation
- Understanding of data modeling and data warehousing principles
- Proficiency with SQL querying
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience in prime brokerage
- Understanding of equities, options, fixed income, and other securities
- Familiarity with querying a REST API using a visual tool like Postman or Insomnia
- Basic familiarity with version control systems and tools like GitHub
Snowflake, Sigma Computing, SQL, Python
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of self-driven and highly motivated individuals
- Chance to learn about the prime brokerage business and have an impact
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration
- Room to innovate, solve complex business problems and build new products
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks
The Base Salary Range for this role is $70,000- $110,000. This range is representative of the starting base salaries for this role at Clear Street. Where a candidate falls in this range will be based on job related factors such as relevant experience, skills, and location. This range represents Base Salary only, which is just one element of Clear Street's total compensation. The range stated does not include other factors of total compensation such as bonuses or equity.
At Clear Street, we offer competitive compensation packages, company equity, 401k matching, gender neutral parental leave, and full medical, dental and vision insurance. Our belief has always been that we are better as a business when we are all together in person. As such, beginning on January 2, 2023, we are requiring employees to be in the office 4 days per week. In-office benefits include lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, happy hours, a great location, and amazing views.
Our top priority is our people. We’re continuously investing in a culture that promotes collaboration. We help each other through challenges and celebrate each other's successes. We believe that modern workplaces succeed by virtue of having high-performance workforces that are diverse — in ideas, in cultures, and in experiences. We put in the effort to make such a workplace a daily reality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.