This position is located onsite at one of our following locations:
- Duluth, Minnesota - Global Headquarters
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- McKinney, Texas
The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. This role requires a high level of self-direction and be comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The Data Engineer will collaborate with the other members of the Data & Analytics team to define our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives. This position will be part of the Information Technology team.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources leveraging various technologies part of the Azure platform.
- Be part of a team responsible for operational integrity of the Enterprise Analytics platform.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases, unstructured data sets, and data streams.
- Knowledge of Azure data engineering tools (Data Factory, Databricks, Synapse) preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Tech Savvy: Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
- Nimble Learning: Actively learns through experimentation when tackles new problems, using both successes and failures as learning opportunities.
- Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Work beyond 40 hours per week may be required.
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
This position can be located onsite in one of the following locations:
As the home to our corporate headquarters, Duluth is a four-season city on the western tip of Lake Superior and was voted Best Town by Outside Magazine. The splendor of the largest freshwater lake in the world offers a multitude of outdoor activities for adventure or rejuvenation. The North Shore lifestyle is known its year-round activities, including bicycle and snowmobile trails, kayaking, rock climbing, fishing, hiking, golfing, sailing and skiing. And as a top employer in the area, Cirrus Aircraft was recently named “Best Overall Large Company to Work for in the Northland” and “Best Workplace Culture” by the Duluth News Tribune readers.
Chosen as the location for our Vision Center Campus, the hub of our customer experience activities, Knoxville is often described as a hidden gem. Surrounded by the Smoky Mountains and home to the rambling Tennessee River, the town offers a plethora of outdoor activities and a vibrant downtown. Very few places feature the opportunity to experience live music, culture, outdoor adventures and acclaimed cuisine in one location. It’s no wonder why Knoxville was recently named as a Top 10 Destination on the Rise by Trip Advisor.
Located just 30 miles north of downtown Dallas. McKinney is a picturesque city with a small-town feel that is quite different from the Metroplex’s urban sprawl. A 2019 population of 190,000 is one of the fastest growing cities in America. Beautiful tree-lined streets, diverse residential neighborhoods, outstanding educational opportunities, a robust business environment, a charming historic downtown and a strong sense of community make McKinney truly stand out. The nation continues to recognize McKinney as a stand-out community. Money Magazine ranked McKinney the #1 Best Place to Live in America in 2014.