Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
You'll be joining our Commercial Analytics squad whose mission is to enable accurate and scalable analytics for our Commercial, Operational and Finance teams. You'll work with a variety of data sets coming from multiple teams and systems including CRM, Customer Support, Client Services and Financial systems. You'll have end-to-ended ownership of multiple data products from design to implementation and operationalizing them.
The Commercial Analytics team owns multiple critical data products that underpin our business and commercial planning as well as operational excellence. You'll have the opportunity to build new data products and introduce step changes in how we view analytics for this critical area.
Hybrid Working Model: All of our offices globally are onsite 3 times per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday). We’ve worked towards enabling teams to work collaboratively in the same space, while also being able to partner with colleagues globally. During your days at the office, we offer amazing snacks, breakfast, and lunch options in all of our locations.
How you’ll make an impact
- Design and implement high-performance, reusable, and scalable data models for our data warehouse using dbt and Snowflake
- Design and implement Looker structures (explores, views, etc) which will enable users across the organization to self-serve analytics
- Work closely with data analysts and business teams to understand business requirements and provide data ready for analysis and reporting
- Continuously discover, transform, test, deploy and document data sources and data models
- Apply, help define, and champion data warehouse governance: data quality, testing, documentation, coding best practices and peer reviews
- Take initiative to improve and optimise analytics engineering workflows and platforms
What we’re looking for
- Proven delivery experience as a data, business intelligence or analytics engineer
- Hands-on proven data modeling and data warehousing skills demonstrated in large-scale data environments
- Proven experience in software development lifecycle in analytics (e.g. version control, testing, and CI/CD)
- Excellent SQL and Python knowledge
- Familiarity with at least one of these Cloud technologies: Snowflake, AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Passionate about sales, finance, customer, marketing and/or web analytics data
- Good attention to detail to highlight and address data quality issues
- Excellent time management and proactive problem-solving skills
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via