Data Engineer - Snowflake
Nov 19, 2023
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Charger logistics Inc. is a world- class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger logistics has transformed into a world-class transport provider and continue to grow.
Charger logistics invests time and support into its employees to provide them with the room to learn and grow their expertise and work their way up. We are entrepreneurial-minded organization that welcomes and support individual idea and strategies. We are currently expanding and looking to add a motivated and experienced Data Engineer to join our team.
- Understand the business requirements and processes around advanced analytics model execution.
- Develop end-to-end data pipelines from ingestion to visual analytics with Python, SQL and Snowflake.
- Manage, enhance, maintain and support our Snowflake-based data lake.
- Support our business intelligence developers to provide stunning visual analytics.
- Develop, maintain and support our library of analytical functions written in Python, SQL, Snowflake, PySpark and Matillion.
- Participate in our fast-paced, agile data iteration to deliver new capabilities in a timely manner.
- Leverage key features of Snowflake for processing, entitlements, ingestion, transformation, and data sharing.
- Collaborate with data scientists, financial data analysts, software engineers and other data engineers to implement powerful solutions that leverage cloud, big data, NLP and ML.
- Build machine learning models with advanced analytics techniques to extend our capabilities and deliver new business value.
- Capture and present data-driven business insights.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations.
- Leverage existing data sources, identify and mine data from new sources, identify opportunities for and execute primary data gathering efforts, and provide recommendations on scaling new methods more broadly.
- University degree or equivalent in data analytics, statistics, math, or computer science, with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on Snowflake Practitioner experience in a Data Engineering role.
- Must be Snowflake Certified or should have experience in Snowflake. The SnowPro® Advanced: Data Engineer Certification is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Python, Matillion and SQL
- Experience on Azure ML Studio is Preferred.
- Good to have experience in Airflow and Matillion Studio.
- Experience in big data processing and the development of Python and SQL for large amounts of data.
- Considerable experience with unit and integration testing.
- Excellent analytical, storytelling, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate/communicate analytics recommendations to both technical and nontechnical team members.
- Strong understanding of quantitative (univariate and multivariate) analysis techniques.
- Experience with predictive modelling and machine learning.
- Strong experience with statistical analytical techniques, data mining, machine learning, and predictive models using Python, R , PySpark, Matillion or similar tools.
- Experience using scripting language for collecting, organizing and manipulating data.
- Ability to work with data with significant ambiguity, develop creative approaches to analytical problems, and interpret data and results from a business/industry perspective.
- Health Benefits
- Career Growth
- High Competitive Salary