Sr. Director, Data Science and Machine Learning
Nov 20, 2023
Los Angeles, CA
Hi, We're Centerfield.
Super-powered customer acquisition. Centerfield delivers outcome-based digital marketing solutions and personalized omnichannel experiences for the world’s leading brands. Powered by our proprietary Dugout platform, Centerfield acquires customers at scale for leading residential service, insurance, e-commerce and B2B brands. Centerfield’s digital experiences and digital brands, such as Business.com and BroadbandNow.com, reach more than 150 million in-market shoppers annually. Centerfield is headquartered in Silicon Beach and proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Los Angeles.
Centerfield Media, a leading Los Angeles-based online advertising agency, is looking for a talented Sr. Director of data to join us in building innovative advertising technology. We are looking for a highly motivated, web-focused, Leader with experience with the full data life cycle. You will help design the data science programs, persona, machine learning models, and architecture to support Generative AI. You will build a team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, and Architects. You must have practical experience working with large data sets preferably in website lead generation & search engine marketing, SaaS, or cloud computing domains.
How You'll Contribute...
- Need to own problems from end to end so that you can best collect, extract, and clean the data.
- Ability to lead projects individually and deliver them on time.
- Experience with Realtime streaming implementation and architecture is a bonus.
- Experience building reports and data visualization with any BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Build high-performance, responsive teams of data scientists, and analysts that can gather and synthesize data quickly and accurately. Help to implement maintenance strategy for all datasets.
- Support an organizational effort toward better understanding user needs and pain points and propose roles that data science can play to further this goal.
- Support data-informed decision-making, throughout the Product Org and broader company. Be a thought leader and evangelist to drive adoption and knowledge at all levels of the organization.
- Develop an investment strategy to define, grow, and maintain an exemplary data science organization.
- Constantly look for strategic ways to expand the charter of the Data Science team beyond causal inference, starting with Ranking Data Science, and Market-Place Dynamics
- Determine how to leverage data science, machine learning, and other analytical techniques to offer actionable insights both internally & externally.
What We're Looking For...
- Deep technical background with an MS or PhD in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related field
- 10+ Years working in a Data Engineer, BI Engineer, or Data Warehousing Engineer role.
- Google Cloud Platform (Google cloud bucket, Google cloud fusion, Google Big Query, Google Analytics)
- 6+ Years leading teams to conduct research, in-depth analysis, and automation efforts.
- 5+ Years building repour and developing relationships with key stakeholders. Delivering against critical expectations for multiple priorities.
- 5+ Years Building models and various ML tooling.
Life at Centerfield...
- This is a hybrid position, and employees are expected to come into our Playa Vista, CA office every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Competitive salary + bi-annual bonus
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested on day 1
- Outside patio overlooking Playa Vista + cabanas, firepits & working grills
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches + daily food trucks
- Award-winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Fully stocked kitchens with snacks & drinks
- Breakroom supplied with games, couches, workout equipment + weekly in-office exercise classes hosted by professional instructors (yoga, kickboxing & circuit training)
- Free onsite gym + locker rooms
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!
To learn more, visit us Here.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Centerfield Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.