We lift ad revenue for publishers with our award-winning, programmatic adtech and a team of awesome people.
At Publift, we maximise revenue through making advertising simple and easy for our customers. By letting our technology platform do the heavy lifting in the background, our publishers can experience enormous growth while focusing on what matters most to them; building incredible content.
Did we mention we were an award-winning business? Read below to learn about a few things we are extra proud of.
- Consistent 40% YoY with current projections at the 100% YOY growth mark. Well done team!
- Autonomy to choose - Office, Hybrid or Remote (from Australia and New Zealand)
- Winners of The Drum APAC Best Sell-Side Programmatic Technology 2019
- Deloitte 10th fastest-growing tech business in Australia 2019
- We’re proud to be recognised as one of Australia’s Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, an AFR BOSS Best Place to Work, a Family Friendly Workplace, and WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
- The support of a highly engaged, high-performing team including a leadership team that you’ll actually have face time with.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, four weeks paid secondary caregivers leave, six weeks paid gender transition leave.
- Regular Hackathons, endless learning and development opportunities, and a range of activities that will help support your mental, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
What you will be doing
We're looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help build the infrastructure that powers the optimisation loop at the heart of our business: analytics and machine learning.
You'll be joining an awesome team of engineers and world-class ad-tech experts.
- Building ETL pipelines (Airflow, Apache Beam, SQL, etc) to ingest data.
- Designing and maintaining our data lake and associated infrastructure using Terraform.
- Working with business and technical teams to interpret data.
- Identifying data quality issues and proactively developing quality strategies.
- Building pipelines for machine learning models.
What you bring to the role
- Experience with cloud data engineering platforms. We use GCP, but Databricks, AWS, etc are all good experience.
- Experience with the Python programming language: you are able to define pipelines in Python, and maintain simple webservices where required.
- Ideally, you have experience deploying your pipelines on an Infrastructure-as-Code basis. We use Terraform, but CloudFormation/CDK are a good background.
- Good understanding of SQL, ideally with some data warehousing/data lake experience.
A few other things we want to let you know about...
Publift is an equal opportunity employer who prides themselves on fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage everyone of all ages, genders and backgrounds to apply. If you’re a candidate with a disability or you’ll need some adjustments to be at your best, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
We believe work satisfaction comes from two things: working in an unbelievably great team and solving customer problems that matter.
Our flat organisation structure allows us to be nimble and innovative to drive both customer and personal growth.
We know how important keeping that balance between work/life is and have a range of flexible working options on offer, including part time. We are open to this conversation during our recruitment process if you want to know more just ask!
We are a proud Circle Back Initiative Employer which means we are committed to responding to every job applicant.
Successful candidates joining the publift are required to undergo a National Police Record check and must have full-time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.