Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, licence, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by blue-chip investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Bitkraft, and Nas.
As Sr Data Analyst, you will be responsible for driving customer satisfaction and loyalty on our online shop and payment gateway by analysing customer behavioural data, purchase propensities, and crm lifecycles. You will generate deep insights on customer engagement, preferences, and propensities - supporting our Product and Growth teams in scaling our shop and payment gateway as the go-to brands in Africa. As a senior analyst in our Data org, you will work closely with our VP Data in developing frameworks for scaling platform analytics as our products and partners multiply.
You will …
- Uncover insights in customer behaviour and propensities to inform content and design of our shop
- Design and analyse tracking events for our shop and payment gateway to uncover patterns, frictions, and bugs
- Deeply understand customer lifecycles and propensities to develop CRM models
- Partner with Product and Growth stakeholders and take the technical lead in designing experiments that help evolve user experience and marketing strategies
- Advise Growth on feedback loops to optimise user acquisition via LTV segmentations
- Develop behavioural and value segmentations that drive deeper thinking about our unit economics
- Bank general customer insights to drive Carry1st’s strategic direction via new business models
What makes you a great candidate?
- Degree in Economics, Physics, Statistics, Complex Systems or similar
- Minimum 3 years experience in e-commerce and/or fintech analytics
- Strong mathematical and statistical acumen
- Solid SQL skills and practical analytics/data science experience with Python
- Practical experience with a visualisation tool, preferably Tableau
- Solid experience with Google Analytics (preferably GA4) and Big Query
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills as a foundation for adaptability in an ambiguous and agile environment of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to effectively communicate complex insights and hypotheses to business stakeholders
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 25+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- VentureBeat announced that Carry1st has raised $27 million to develop and publish mobile games in Africa
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market