Carousell Group is the leading recommerce group in Greater Southeast Asia on a mission to inspire the world to start selling, and to make secondhand the first choice. Founded in August 2012 in Singapore, the Group has a leading presence in eight markets under the brands Carousell, Cho Tot, Laku6, Mudah.my, OneKyat, Ox Street, and Refash, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. Carousell is backed by leading investors including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, STIC Investments and Sequoia Capital India.
As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell. Our culture is made up of hiring, developing, and promoting people who embody our values of solving problems for our users; having a mission-first mindset; being relentlessly resourceful; caring deeply; and staying humble to constantly improve. Together as an organisation, we make magic happen.
We’re looking for a data analyst intern to join the Data team in Carousell and work with our team on a surfeit of data related projects in Carousell which may include but are not limited to ETL automation (Extract, Transform or Load), A/B testing, and generating product & business insights with data analysis.
This role will report into the Senior Data Analysts.
Note - This will be a 6 months internship based in Singapore; the right to work in Singapore is required. Intern to start from Jan / Feb 2024.
- You will be attached to one of the domains in the Data Team, and will own at least 1 major area of responsibility throughout your 6 months of internships. There will also be the ability to rotate between different areas of learning should the opportunity arise.
- The scope of data projects or tasks you may be involved in include but are not limited to:
- Data ETL design and automation to generate business performance metrics and reports
- AB testing and experiment design for our product features
- Participate in data analysis projects (either descriptive or predictive) to generate key product or business insights
- Communication and presentation of key insights to business or product stakeholders to aid decision-making
- Good SQL and Python knowledge is preferred - you should possess at least basic core skills in querying and processing data
- Good stats knowledge is preferred - understanding of basic statistical concepts like P-value or T-tests will help aid experimentation and testing
- Sensitive to data integrity and understand the importance of data quality to generate accurate analysis
- Good communication skills to understand business requirements and communicate with / present to business stakeholders where needed
- A positive, can do attitude - resourceful to drive your own learning while at the same time able to proactively reach out for mentorship and guidance which is availed to you
Interns are to start from January 2024, should be able to commit for 6 months Full time.
By proceeding with your application**,** you are adhering to our PDPA policies. In case you are interested to know more, read about our Candidates Personal Data Privacy Statement.