Senior Pricing Analytics Engineer
Jan 29, 2024
Wayzata, Minnesota, United States, 55391
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
This role falls within the Cargill Bioindustrial business where we are unleashing nature, sustainable for a better tomorrow.
Join us as we build a global strategic pricing team in a high-growth business working to create a more sustainable future.
The Senior Pricing Analytics Engineer will prepare business relevant information and reduce time to insight by leading technical activities that enable information capture, business intelligence and analytics competency. In this role, you will ensure teams have the data needed to make timely, accurate and actionable insights by investing in the core capabilities of data management, data engineering and key decision support applications that consume data. You will be a key partner between business needs and data engineering and will deliver the final information product including the dashboards that enable business value.
- Support the deployment of the strategic pricing capabilities for the Cargill Bioindustrial Group aligned with strategies, market dynamics and analytical reporting needs.
- Design and implement internal process improvements, optimize data delivery and create scalable data sets.
- Build existing data assets and prepare data to meet specific reporting and analytics needs.
- Build data solutions to enable automated and self service data consumption.
- Model, design, develop, test and implement complex backend and front end structures to meet business visualization, reporting and analytics requirements.
- Evaluate the performance of processes, services and outcomes and recommend performance improvement.
- Partner collaboratively with data engineers and data scientists on complex infrastructure projects and advocate for and emphasize the business value of applications and offer mentorship and technical solutions to solve business problems.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Confirmed skills of enabling data content for reporting or analytics solutions
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Certification in programing language/s
- Data and BI technology experience: Tableau, Snowflake, SQL, Power BI, relational databases, data warehousing
- Confirmed skills in querying relational databases with query language
- Confirmed experience working with large data stores
Minnesota Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 48 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet