CARET brings the latest in technology and automation to over 10,000 legal and accounting firms, empowering highly skilled professionals to refocus their expertise on what truly matters. CARET harnesses powerful and secure practice management, document automation, and payment processing to take firms, professionals, and their clients further.
Our team-defined values guide how we show up for each other, for our partners, and for our customers:
- We succeed together.
- We embrace progress.
- We care big.
- We create space.
Are you a dynamic and visionary Cloud Data Architect with a desire to make a difference and be a key player in shaping our future of CARET Cloud Data Analytics?
Are you hands-on with managing cloud data technologies related to Data Analytics, Big Data, Data Warehouses, and Data Lakes?
We want you to join our growing engineering team, where you will unleash your innovation, strategic thinking, and technical prowess to revolutionize how we store, manage, and analyze data in the cloud.
You’ll be working on building a cloud data platform that will allow our customers and partners access to tools and technologies that utilize data in the unprecedented way to provide actionable insights into their business.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing team environment and have an unquenchable passion for cutting-edge technologies, then this role is for you!
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or a related discipline.
• Highly skilled with hands-on experience and domain expertise in both data and analytics technologies as well as cloud-native data architecture design and best practices
• 7+ years of experience in Data Engineering with expert-level hands-on experience as a data architect or solution architect.
• 7+ years of experience in designing, developing, and maintaining the data architecture, data models and standards for various Data Integration & Data Warehousing projects.
• 3+ years of experience in implementing Snowflake advanced concepts like setting up resource monitors, RBAC controls, data sharing, virtual warehouse sizing, query performance tuning, Zero copy clone, and time travel
• 3+ years of people management experience is a plus.
• Hands-on experience either with Microsoft Azure or AWS.
• Building data warehouses for data visualization and reporting tools such as PowerBI using real time or near time synchronization.
• In depth knowledge and solid Experience with Microsoft Fabric components is a plus.
• Hands-on experience with Snowflake utilities such as SnowSQL, SnowPipe, and SlowAlert is a plus.
• Expert in data pipeline design, engineering, and implementation of data lake, warehouse, and Lakehouse architecture.
• Experience with data processing and workflow frameworks like Apache Beam, Spark, PySpark, Apache Kafka, and Apache Airflow.
• Solid understanding of business intelligence enterprise and Cloud-native architectures.
• Possessing the following certifications is a plus:
Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Engineer Associate
Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate (Power BI)
Snowflake Certified Professional
· Provide leadership, mentorship, and guidance for software development teams onshore and offshore in architecting, designing, building, documenting, and testing software solutions for CARET platform and product offerings.
· Collaborate extensively with our Product team to ensure a unified vision and continued improvements to the platform and multiple products.
· Drive engineering teams to adapt secure data and analytics best practices and assist teams with data security architecture and design.
· Guide engineering teams on optimal data architectures and to ensure databases are optimized for data visualization tools. Create, publish, maintain and influence the data warehouse patterns across development and architecture community.
· Own, manage and execute the Data and Analytics technology roadmap consisted of the data and analytics strategy, as well as the technical implementation of scalable data and analytics platform and product rollouts.
· Assist in the creation of product roadmaps as well as sprint and release planning by participating and leading team grooming sessions and helping teams provide work effort estimations.
· Participate in the architecture discovery track to proactively manage technical risks across teams, platform, and products as they relate to all data and analytics concerns.
· Evaluate new technologies and prototype new product concepts for new and existing products to ensure that the upcoming product backlog stories have their technical impediments removed.
· Manage technical debt; help maintain the debt list and plan to address technical debt while working with product engineering teams and product owners to prioritize that work.
· Adhere to the agile software development life cycle best practices and governance.
· Demonstrate strong coding and data modeling skills, ability to lead and contribute to the teams’ efforts while following established software engineering practices.
· Utilize your expertise in data modeling to create logical and physical data models for the customer-facing cloud platform.
· Design data structures optimized for business intelligence data, analytics, and reporting needs.
· Create star, snowflake, or galaxy schemas for data warehousing.
· Translate analytical requirements into data solutions.
· Design and implement strategies to ensure data quality and consistency.
· Collaborate with data engineers to clean and preprocess data, including hand-on assistance with automation and optimization of data pipelines.
· Design and manage ETL/ELT processes, ensuring data is readily available for business intelligence and analytical tools.
· Monitor and fine-tune performance of business intelligence queries.
· Develop and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
· Optimize database structures for performance and scalability.
· Define and enforce best practices for data and analytics storage, retrieval, and usage.
· Design security features to protect sensitive analytical data.
· Define and enforce data architecture standards, procedures, and policies.
· Ensure data integrity, quality, and privacy compliance.
· Develop data governance guidelines specific to analytics.
· Establish the cloud-based and data and analytics architecture best practices and governance for product engineering teams.
· Partner with the CISO organization to adhere to corporate data security standards for platform and application development.
· Participate in an Architecture Review Board (ARB) to drive data architecture design and best practices across the engineering teams and organization as a whole.
· Stay updated on emerging trends in business intelligence and analytics.
· Evaluate, recommend, and integrate new technologies that can enhance the data and analytics capabilities of the cloud platform.
· Keep abreast of new data technologies and trends.
· Recommend and adopt tools and practices that enhance data capabilities.
• Results-oriented self-starter in need of limited or no supervision
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal), attention to detail, extreme organization, problem-solving and time management skills.
• Strong remote team leadership and collaboration qualities. Ability to work independently and across many time zones.
• An ownership mentality and entrepreneurial approach, including comfort with intelligent risk taking and problem-solving skills.
• Be well organized with good delegation skills.
• Experience in leading data architecture governance software development practices
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with senior management, stakeholders, and team members.
• Verifiable presentation skills, as a confident communicator who is enthusiastic, self-starting, and flexible in style and approach.
- Flexible PTO
- Summer Fridays
- No meeting Fridays
- Medical, Dental, Paid Sick Days, Vision, and Supplemental Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) match
Equal Employment Opportunity: CARET is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
The compensation information below is provided in compliance with job posting disclosure requirements.
Pay range: $140,000 - $150,000. Actual base pay will depend on varying circumstances, including the position, location, individual qualifications, market finances, and other operations business needs.
Depending on the position, compensation may also include commission, bonuses, etc. Potential for bonuses is based on company performance and potential for merit increases is based on performance.