Build Something to Be Proud Of.
Captivation Software has built a reputation on providing customers exactly what is needed in a timely manner. Our team of engineers take pride in what they develop and constantly innovate to provide the best solution. Captivation Software is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our team. The Data Analyst will collect and analyze data across the customer’s mission space to make informed decisions. Data will involve structured and unstructured data from information advantage activities in support of multi-domain operations. Work is performed in a hybrid role with some on customer site support.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Regular activities consist of interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques, and providing reports.
- Develop and implement data exploration techniques, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize data efficiency and quality.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalization, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently with little input, and as a part of a team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Secret level clearance is required and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. Can also consider candidates with a TS/SCI clearance.
- 5+ years of experience in cyber security operations related fields and a Bachelors in related field or 3 years experience with Masters; or High School Diploma and 9 years experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Excellent work ethic and a high commitment to quality.
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Must be able to work a hybrid role with some on customer site support
- Prior experience interfacing and consulting with customers is a big plus.
- Experience in data mining and sentiment analysis of social media datasets.
This position is open for direct hires only. We will not consider candidates from third party staffing/recruiting firms.
- Annual Salary: $125,000 - $250,000 (Depends on the years of experience)
- Up to 20% 401k contribution (no matching required)
- Above market hourly rates
- $3,000 HSA Contribution
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Employee Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance / Life Insurance / Short-Term & Long-Term Disability / AD&D