“Capco, a Wipro company, is a global technology and management consulting firm. Awarded with Consultancy of the year in the British Bank Award and has been ranked Top 100 Best Companies for Women in India 2022 by Avtar & Seramount. With our presence across 32 cities across globe, we support 100+ clients across banking, financial and Energy sectors. We are recognized for our deep transformation execution and delivery.
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with the largest international and local banks, insurance companies, payment service providers and other key players in the industry. The projects that will transform the financial services industry.
MAKE AN IMPACT
Innovative thinking, delivery excellence and thought leadership to help our clients transform their business. Together with our clients and industry partners, we deliver disruptive work that is changing energy and financial services.
Capco has a tolerant, open culture that values diversity, inclusivity, and creativity.
With no forced hierarchy at Capco, everyone has the opportunity to grow as we grow, taking their career into their own hands.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We believe that diversity of people and perspective gives us a competitive advantage.
MAKE AN IMPACT
Data Strategy and Transformation Manager
You’ll be joining Capco’s Data Strategy & Advisory practice as a Data Strategy and Transformation Manager. You will use your deep data expertise to pioneer the formulation of focused, actionable and effective data strategies to sustainably deliver business outcomes for our clients.
Our projects vary in their nature, and your responsibilities will differ based on client requirements, but could include:
- Scoping, mobilising, and running the delivery of client data strategy and operating model projects, managing and coaching mixed Capco / client teams
- Definition of the client’s data strategy, including its vision, objectives, and key results (OKRs).
- Steering the development of the data strategy business case, and shaping strategic roadmaps.
- Heading up data maturity / capability assessments to provide a clear and objective assessment of client data capability levels
- Overseeing the definition of the client’s data Target Operating Model (TOM), including design of processes, roles & responsibilities, and governance to sustain the data strategy in BAU
- Directing the definition of data policies, standards and guidelines
- Defining and mobilising client data literacy and culture programmes
- Running, structuring, and facilitating interviews and workshops to identify client pain points and their root causes, and linking these to data capabilities (e.g. Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Architecture)
- Reviewing existing client data processes, tooling, and governance, and providing recommendations to improve their effectiveness
- Being the key advisor of data management solutions as part of data architecture reviews
You will also play a key role in developing the Data Strategy & Advisory capability within Capco, which may include:
- Managing and running capability offerings or operational areas, in partnership with the Capability, Data Practice and Domain Leads
- Developing and sustaining excellent internal and external client and vendor partnerships
- Identifying and researching business development opportunities on new or existing clients and directing the development of client proposals and bids
- Defining internal / external-facing thought leadership
- Developing data methodologies and accelerators to enhance Capco’s delivery capability
- Developing and delivering training for Capco and client resources in data methodologies
Your Skills and Experience
Most importantly, you’ll have a passion for data. You will bring your track-record in driving data change to enable clients to achieve their business outcomes.
To qualify for the role, you will have most of the following:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Data Strategy and Data Management
- Deep and extensive understanding of Data Strategy, Data Management, and Data Analytics principles, and one or more of several common Data Management methodologies and capability models (e.g. DAMA DMBOK, DCAM, CDMC) and toolsets
- Experience structuring and running maturity assessments, eliciting & understanding client strategic aims, pain points, and requirements, and providing actionable recommendations
- Extensive experience in documenting current-state processes, roles & responsibilities and governance structures, and designing their target-state
- Experience supporting the definition of data strategies, business cases and roadmaps
- Proven experience running delivery teams, with an ability to create and sustain a positive and inclusive team environment, even when under pressure and in ambiguous circumstances
- Solid experience in project scoping and management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with solid experience and comfort working autonomously and in team environments
- Extensive experience in simplifying complex concepts, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Ideally, you will also bring:
- A minimum of 5 years’ consulting experience at a top-tier consultancy, or a similar internal change / transformation role within a Financial Services organisation
- A background in Banking, Financial Services or Insurance
- Hands-on experience in data management tooling (e.g. Collibra, Solidatus, Talend, Ataccama) and data analytics implementation (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, QlikView or Sense)
- A deep understanding of the challenges, opportunities and regulations facing the Financial Services industry regionally and globally
- Formal certification in data management methodologies or capability models
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry best-practices within data management and analytics