Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Working deep in early-stage product definition, using your UX skills to navigate from chaos to clarity and to help your team imagine innovative solutions to real user problems. You’ll help guide your team and collaborators through a complex problem space by focusing on our users’ needs, as well as our strategic priorities as a business.
- Using your UI and interaction design skills to build intuitive, delightful experiences for users. You’ll use flows, mockups, and prototypes to visually communicate your ideas both to end users and internal teams, and be sweating the details to keep Canva’s quality bar high in everything you create.
- Collaborating closely with experts in the AI/ML space, designing innovative experiences by connecting technical opportunities to user needs.
- Connecting and communicating with a wide variety of team members from both inside and outside your supergroup, building alignment and securing buy-in on your team’s ideas and direction.
- Working within a close-knit design team and contributing to building our design culture within the Content and Discovery supergroup.
You're probably a match if you have
- End-to-end Product Design Experience. You've designed and shipped multiple products or features across various platforms. Past experience working in AI products is a bonus.
- A Problem-first mindset. You're obsessed with identifying gaps/opportunities and enjoy deeply investigating ambiguous problems.
- Effective Communication skills. You create clarity through your communication by making complex things simple. You can confidently present your ideas and tell a compelling story to the broader team.
- Interaction Design Experience. You're able to use the appropriate prototyping tools to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work
- You excel in UI Design. You're motivated to create outstanding visual designs that align with brand and design systems.
- Growth Mindset. You're eager to learn and develop your skills whilst having fun along the way!
About the team
- The Search & Assist team designs and builds experiences to help users find and accomplish any task in Canva through the power of text, voice and more. This team is focused on building search & applied AI that can assist our users in accomplishing their goals in Canva. The team is diverse and cross-functional, made up of a number of specialties including engineers, product management, machine learning experts, content designers, product designers, and more.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Design Lead, Chen Zhang, has to say about working in Design at Canva -
"I love working at Canva because I really am empowering the world to design by designing".
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.