Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Coaching and leading a team of data scientists and analytics engineers, helping them develop in their careers and keeping them engaged and motivated
- Driving the data strategy in the group, coordinating closely with the Product Leads and Engineering Leads to drive and keep initiatives moving. Identifying the opportunities where your team can make the largest impact and you see it through
- Finding insights that help us understand both Canva and our customers - we want you to be creative and insightful, rather than just throwing the usual metrics at the wall to see what sticks
- Suggesting and running insightful experiments that will actually move our metrics - when we push tests to 100% we want to actually see the bump in the relevant graph
- Building and maintaining dashboards for your group’s initiatives, and make them look really good - you don’t need to be a designer or have any design talent, you just need to want to build cool things
- Owning projects, data models, dashboards, and other artefacts and keep them up-to-date and high quality in a hypergrowth environment
- Using our giant databases to answer the sort of questions that sound really simple but turn out to be challenging (and fun!)
You're probably a match if:
- Demonstrable experience leading data specialists, defining team strategy, and data roadmaps.
- Experience in communicating through data and dashboards and the ability to steer decisions with them.
- Experience working with frontend performance based data sets.
- Strong competency with SQL; experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery is a plus!
- Experience wrangling and analysing data using Python or R
- Experience with optimising product funnels, running experiments, and building dashboards that effectively communicate results and outcomes
- A grounding in mathematics / statistics and a bachelor's degree in a STEM area is preferred; but not required
- Experience with very large data sets is a huge plus, but not required
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas. Stakeholder management skills are vital in this role.
About the team
Product Platform is 150+ people strong and made up of a diverse mix of engineers, product managers and product designers. The group owns many cross cutting functionalities including frontend performance, Canva’s design system and our mobile and desktop clients. Those have either a large user base, many internal stakeholders or both. Many of our strategic decisions around those concerns are driven by data.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.