Senior Software Engineer - Real-time Data Integrations Operational Support
Nov 04, 2023
Hyderabad - Mindspace
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
BMS Hyderabad is an integrated global hub where our work is focused on helping patients prevail over serious diseases by building sustainable and innovative solutions. This important science, technology, and innovation center will support a range of technology and drug development activities that will help us usher in the next wave of innovation.
Position: Senior Software Engineer - Real-time Data Integrations Operational Support
Location: India – Hyderabad
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
As a Real-time Data Integration Operations and Support engineer, you will work with a team of Bristol Myers Squibb and Service Provider’s resources to provide day-to-day operational and production support of Real-time Data Integrations. Primary focus will be to provide hands-on support of data integrations for various source/target applications. Secondary will be to assist, when needed, application/operational support for other data integration platforms managed by the Enterprise Data Integration organization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
You will report into the Lead for Operations & Support. You will have accountability to provide hands-on application production support for various data integrations. To provide appropriate support, you will collaborate with Data Integration Development and Support team and IT Partners/Clients. You will be responsible to resolve incidents, work on enhancements and service requests related to data integrations that are running for various applications. Enterprise application integrations span internally hosted applications, SaaS applications, and/or external partners.
This role offers the selected candidate the opportunity to interact with Bristol Myers Squibb professionals globally, partnering with other IT organizations and business organizations across the company. You will work with passionate and motivated individuals. As a member of the Enterprise Integration team, you will have the opportunity to gain insight into all faucets of Bristol Myers Squibb businesses from early discovery to manufacturing & logistics to commercial and financial operations. You will be a valued member of the Enterprise Data Integration Operations and Support team focused on fulfilling the Bristol Myers Squibb mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
- As a real-time data integrations support engineer, provide day to day hands-on production support (Incidents resolution, enhancements, continuous improvement) on the webMethods – must have, MuleSoft, and XML Gateway platforms – Nice to have.
- Accountable to work with applications stakeholders for timely resolution of incidents within BMS defined SLAs.
- Handle service requests or inquiries from applications stakeholders related to their data integrations or file transfer services.
- Assist in platform upgrade activities every couple of years.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure teams for capacity planning / performance optimization.
- Provide proactive and appropriate communication (written and verbally) to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proactively analyze and optimize Data Integrations performance.
- Participate in recurring and ad-hoc meetings related to support activities between Hyderabad and US teams.
- Provide non-business hours, weekend, on-call support on rotational basis for production releases and high priority incidents resolution.
- Willing to learn and support other real-time data integration technologies that are supported by the team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in Data Integration domain as a real-time Data Integration Developer or a Production Support engineer. (4-5 yrs of relevant and 7 yrs overall)
- 3+ years hands-on experience in either developing or supporting data integrations on webMethods platform.
- Proficiency in integration technologies, such as Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), RESTful APIs, messaging systems and API management platforms (e.g., MuleSoft). Familiarity with data integration tools, middleware solutions, and enterprise integration patterns.
- Understanding of Cloud Services Platforms such as AWS, Salesforce, Veeva, etc.
- Proven experience as a member of an application development or production support team with knowledge of common SDLC models
- Experience working with on and offshore resource teams.
- Nice to have a certification in or understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) frameworks.
- Nice to have experience in MuleSoft, Axway Gateway and Boomi technologies.
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to [email protected]. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.