Data Engineer I - Commercialization Rapid Data Labs
Nov 04, 2023
Hyderabad - Mindspace
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
BMS Hyderabad is an integrated global hub where our work is focused on helping patients prevail over serious diseases by building sustainable and innovative solutions. This important science, technology, and innovation center will support a range of technology and drug development activities that will help us usher in the next wave of innovation.
Purpose of the role and the team:
- Design, Development, and implementation of scalable, global analytics rapid solutions
- Ensure compliance with BMS Data Protection and Cyber Security policies
- Develop, manage, and maintain the in house developed programs and processes in rapid fashion
- Collaborate with global IT team colleagues (business analysts, architects, and developers to deliver analytics solutions
- Provide accurate scope, timing and cost estimations as required for data and analytics projects and ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Identify and remediate production issues
- Partner with operation team to transition the new development to production deployment
- Able to guide the junior developers, review the code and evolve the standard to satisfy the dynamic business needs
- Hands on experience with programming and analytics capabilities using company approved technologies including AWS, Cloudera Data Platform (CDP), PostgreSQL, Redshift, Python, Domino
- Ability to deliver upgrade and continuous improvement RDL projects for Commercial data and data warehousing capabilities
- Working knowledge of enterprise systems data including ERP, CRM, Prescriber, Patient and Master Data
- Comfortable working in a dynamic global environment
- Possess strong technical, analytical, programming and critical thinking skills
- Quick turn around on business request for data analysis and small to mid-size report development- 2-4 weeks from initial discussion to final delivery
Experience & Qualifications
Mandatory skills: Tableau and SQL
- Experience and familiarity with the commercial data within the Pharma industry
- Have a strong commitment to a career in technology with a passion for healthcare
- At least 1-2 years of experience writing code using Python, R, SAS, Tableau, AWS Lambda, AWS Redshift, Impala, MySQL, Oracle SQL, Excel VBA, R Shiny, Plotly, Domino and Java
- Ability to understand the needs of the business and commitment to deliver the best user experience and adoption
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative and inquisitive nature to ask questions, offer bold ideas and challenge the status quo
- Ability to learn new tools and processes
- Four-year degree in Information Systems, Finance/Mathematics, Computer Science or similar
- 2-5 years of experience in Data Engineering
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to [email protected]. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.