At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We are currently looking for an IT Lead ETL Engineer to join our growing team! In this role, you will develop modern data pipelines to meet key business objectives on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You will be an enthusiastic, motivated ETL Engineer with a proven ability to organize, prioritize tasks, resolve technical issues, and use proactive thinking. You will have extensive experience building & working on scalable data platforms. As part of the Data Engineering team, you will have an exposure to wide range of data tools.
As an IT Lead ETL Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement ETL processes and controls to ingest, organize, curate large volumes of data from variety of sources
- Design ETL solutions for Data Warehouse/Data Mart/Data Lake
- Build streaming and batch data pipelines
- Work closely with cross-functional teams in IT and business partner to gather requirements & build ETL solutions
- Implement ETL solutions for large volume of data by applying various data warehouse modeling techniques like Star Schema
- Build re-usable code, components and services that incorporate versioning, reconciliation, and exception handling
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Use analytical and problem-solving skills efficiently
- Support Functional & Reporting teams by explaining the lineage of the data in Data Warehouse
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering or relevant field plus 10+ years of progressive experience in designing, developing, and deploying IT, Date warehouse and Big Data solutions
- 1+ years of experience in delivering data solutions on cloud platforms (GCP or Azure)
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and supporting real-time and batch data pipeline and analytical solutions
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to drive actionable insights that facilitate cross-functional initiatives and business outcomes
- Excellent planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Expert analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to expertly solve complex technical problems
- Expert knowledge of non-functional requirements including security, scalability, and usability
- Expert knowledge of data design patterns, principles, and practices
- Demonstrated ability to develop and support a scalable data platform
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, start-up culture
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Telecom experience desired. Enterprise & Wholesale domain knowledge
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
At Brightspeed, we have roles that are designated as remote, hybrid, office or field-based, depending on the position, business needs and individual circumstances. We have a brand new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and we prioritize hiring talent in the Charlotte area, whenever possible, to make it a truly vibrant destination for our hybrid workforce. We also invest in technology that enables our entire team to stay connected. Why? Because Brightspeed recognizes the value of finding the best talent for the job, wherever they may be.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. Brightspeed offers a comprehensive benefit program, including competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; an employee assistance program; a 401K plan with company match and a host of voluntary benefits.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For all applicants, please take a moment to review our Privacy Notices: