Who Are We?
Bottomline is on a mission to be the world’s leading business payments company, aligning our team to the common purpose of transforming the way businesses pay and get paid.
It is a journey that goes around the world serving financial institutions and companies in more than 90 countries. Our offices across APAC are conveniently positioned to optimize our global reach. Sydney, Singapore, Bangalore, and Mumbai have state-of-the-art flexible workspaces, which truly reflect our energetic, innovative culture and mission to push the boundaries of the business payments space.
Culture and Values
We are one global team, who work with and for each other in a drive to delight customers through excellent execution, which fuels how we create and grow sustained business value for our customers, our team and all who partner with us.
Our culture encourages people to be brave and curious, to drive to closure and to ensure our principles are lived out daily.
Role Title: Product Ops Data Engineer
Reports To: Head of Product Data, Analytics, and Insights
Who Are We?
Bottomline Technologies are transforming business payments and processes for companies and financial institutions around the world. Obsessed with removing complexity and allowing people to simply Pay and Get Paid. Automating and digitising all that is possible. Every day. We empower customer satisfaction through growth in new markets.
Culture and Values
We are a team of people who are strongly committed to maintain our fantastic culture, and ensuring our values and principles are lived out daily. We share ideas, innovate together and support each other personally and professionally in order to delight our customers! Working collaboratively with customers, partners and each other, we achieve a common goal of exceeding customer expectations.
At our core we share ideas, innovate together and support each other personally and professionally. It is through our guiding principles that we achieve our common goal of exceeding expectations and delighting customers and our frontend teams are at the very heart of that statement**.**
You will be joining a newly established, cutting edge Product Operations Data team within a multi-national fintech. The Product Operation Engineer will provide the data necessary to enable the Product Operations Data team to create insight and analysis to key stakeholders and provide proactive insights and metrics to support the company's growth plan. This position would work Product Operations Analytics team to maintain and scale up the existing ETL pipelines, automate end-to-end data analysis and data product prototyping. You would also be responsible for managing the day-to-day performance of a data warehouse.
You will help our Product Operations Data team deploy and maintain data pipelines in a production-safe manner, using the latest technologies.
You will work in a fast moving, agile environment, within multi-disciplinary teams, delivering data into the Product Operations Data team
- Carrying out data extractions
- You have Snowflake or SQL Server experience
- You have Talend, Boomi, Fivetran or similar ETL and ELT tooling experience
- Leading initiatives, projects and tasks as well as being the owner of data sets and workflows
- Distil ambiguous product data requirements into technical tasks and plans
- Involved in the technical mentorship, and growth of other Data Analysts
- Transforming data to make it usable to analysts and data scientists
- Loading data into data platforms (e.g. Snowflake, SQL Server)
- Writing code as part of the ingestion or transformation process
- Processing data from a variety of sources from large scale batch processing to streaming real time events or change data capture
A typical day might include any of the following:
- Managing schedulers (e.g. Jenkins, Airflow) to extract data from production databases
- Batch, shell scripting to move data within a data warehouse (e.g. Snowflake)
- Overseeing log-files to ensure data reporting jobs (currently c.50 per month) are running smoothly
- Designing new work intake pipeline with business and the Product Operations Data team to deliver new data reports and visualisations
- Designing automated communication strategies for internal and external stakeholders
- Awareness of GDPR, PII, CISO, etc. data requirements (data encryption, hashing)
You’re good at:
- Snowflake or SQL Server operations
- Talend, Boomi, Fivetran or similar ETL and ELT tooling
- Understanding the Product Operations Data team requirements for visualisations and accessing data
- Batch and/or shell (e.g. Redhat) scripting
- Provisioning and configuration tools (Terraform, Puppet)
- SQL Server/Postgres database tasks such as backup, restore, encryption
- Running ETL processes from various data sources (Oracle, SQL Server, Elastic Search, Salesforce)
- Following best practices in data movement such as logs and error handling
- Maintaining a consistent quality of work and rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to working collaborative across teams such as Developers, IT and Data Science
- SQL Performance tuning with large data
- Familiarity with microservice deployments
- Experience with data virtualization technologies like Denodo or Trino
- Python skills
- Machine learning techniques
- Prior experience of managing repository of machine learning models
- Basic networking skills.
Bottomline are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all individuals in a fair and equal manner by creating an inclusive and open environment for all employees.
Start your #LifeAtBottomline.