The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services, employing roughly 400,500 associates worldwide and generating sales of 78 billion euros in 2017 (preliminary figures). Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. As a leading IoT company, Bosch offers innovative solutions for smart homes, smart cities, connected mobility, and connected manufacturing. It uses its expertise in sensor technology, software, and services, as well as its own IoT cloud, to offer its customers connected, cross-domain solutions from a single source. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technologies that is “Invented for life.”
Robert Bosch (South East Asia) Pte Ltd is a regional subsidiary of the Bosch Group, representing the Group’s interests in Southeast Asia, where it is currently present in all ASEAN member countries. The company is active in all the company’s four business sectors of Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. The Asia Pacific headquarters for its Automotive Aftermarket, Building Technology and Bosch Software Innovations businesses, as well as operations for Corporate Research and Advance Engineering, and Information Technology, are part of Robert Bosch (SEA) Pte Ltd. In Bosch, we are committed through our EVP ensuring all our associates to GROW, ENJOY and INSPIRE during their journey with us.
- Drive innovation in Urban Solutions and Sustainability area, particularly in Sustainable HVACs domain focusing on thermal systems/applications, IoT sensors, controls for buildings and e-mobility.
- Co-create with business units in relation to sustainability initiatives, contribute to long-term product portfolio of Bosch, perform customer interview, formulate problem statements, and generate innovation pitching and research proposals.
- Responsible for building / e-mobility IoT system design & development, connectivity & data architecture, AI/ML models and control strategy development.
- Responsible for testbed/laboratory activities, design of experiment and prototyping for idea validation.
- Build cooperation, assess opportunities, identify “Best-In-Class” within local institutions and universities for potential “outside-in” innovation.
- Regular alignment with Strategic Research Portfolio Owner, quarterly review project or milestone update, internal/external stakeholder management, idea pitching via Bosch Innovation Framework.
- Min. Master or PhD degree in engineering field, specialized in IoT systems, sensors, machine learning / AI applications, data driven analytics, embedded intelligence, hardware design capabilities (Arduino and/or Raspberry Pi).
- Min. 3 years’ working experience as R&D engineer or academic staff in IoT system design (both hardware and software), mainly took part in modelling, simulations, relevant software development, data analytics, digitalization, machine learning and system control topics.
- Experience with any cloud computing platform is preferred.
- High awareness of recent research and development methods about buildings and e-mobility domains, related to occupancy, user modeling, human factor and user interaction design, thermal comfort, energy management and able to translate these research methods into functional prototype, demonstrate to customers.
- Have experience & knowledge on benchmarking and assessment of IoT systems, concepts in detail from user experience to technical assessment layers such as communication protocols, sensors, data & IoT architecture and backend/cloud management.
- Entrepreneur (start-up) and product industrialization experience will be highly appreciated.
- Passion for innovation, entrepreneurial spirit, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and in a team, good working attitude, able to adapt in a dynamic environment.