Research Scientist in Data and AI Model Auditing (f/m/div.)
Sep 07, 2023
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: We grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
We are looking for a Research Scientist to support our research team working on Data and AI Model Auditing. You will support us in data engineering and software development activities for transferring our research results into real-world prototypes. Concretely, your tasks will include:
- You develop novel methods and algorithms for data bias identification and systematic error detection of AI models, publishing results at top-tier AI venues, and applying them on real-world problems.
- The improvement of data evaluation and model validation solutions for Bosch applications is also part of your tasks.
- Furthermore, you develop core machine learning features for AI release argumentation, such as out-of-distribution detection, failure detection, and uncertainty estimation.
- You will automate the auditing process to speed up the AI releasing process, such as using foundations models and generative AI models.
- In addition, you assess the technological potential and preparing strategic recommendations for management.
- Last but not least, you contribute the creation and securing of intellectual property in this novel field, as well as top-tier publications and create a clean, efficient, well-tested, and well-documented code to support research efforts.
- Education: excellent PhD in Deep Learning or Computer Vision with strong publication record at top AI conferences (CVPR, ICLR, NeurIPS, ICCV, ICML, etc.)
- Experience and Knowledge: expertise in developing and implementing advanced deep learning algorithms; hands-on experience working with the foundation models is a plus; evidence of independence, originality and creativity in research; strong programming skills, in particular Python; prior industry experience at a high-tech company, e.g., in an industrial research environment, is a plus
- Personality and Working Practice: highly self-motivated, interested in bringing latest research solutions into projects and services and motivation to work in an international team
- Languages: fluent in English
Please submit all relevant documents (CV, letter of motivation, certificates, and links to GitHub or kaggle account).
You want to work remotely or part-time - we offer great opportunities for mobile working as well as different part-time models or job-sharing. Feel free to contact us.
Diversity and inclusion are not just trends for us but are firmly anchored in our corporate culture. Therefore, we welcome all applications, regardless of gender, age, disability, religion, ethnic origin or sexual identity.
Need support during your application?
Meltem Arabacioglu Alkan (Human Resources)
+49 174 1744961
Need further information about the job?
Anna Khoreva (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 46129