Research Engineer Hybrid Modeling Fuel Cell (f/m/div.)
Sep 12, 2023
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: We grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
- Join our team as a research engineer for modeling, simulation and machine learning for electrochemical components (fuel cell, electrolysis).
- You will develop models as well as tools for virtual design and validation of electrochemical components as well as virtual sensors for monitoring degradation and internal quantities in the field.
- Therefore, you specifically develop, modify and apply 2D/3D multi-physics models using finite element analysis (e.g. COMSOL).
- In addition, you will explore, analyze and visualize simulated, experimental as well as field data.
- Furthermore, you combine physics-based models with machine learning approaches to create efficient hybrid models. Use and implement such hybrid models as virtual sensors in the form of software tools (Python).
- Last but not least, you will coordinate the cooperation with academic as well as industrial partners and take over the scientific guidance of international teams.
- Education: PhD with focus on modeling and/or machine learning is preferred
- Experience and Knowledge: experience in the area of modeling and simulation of coupled phenomena as well as their numerical implementaion, preferrably involving electrochemistry, know-how of data science/machine learning methods and statistical data analysis (Python), basic software engineering skills, experience with cloud services (Azure) and with ML model deployment
- Personality and Working Practice: innovative, open-minded, self-motivated, efficient, structured, cooperative and goal-oriented
Please submit all relevant documents (CV, letter of motivation, certificates, and links to GitHub or kaggle account).
You want to work remotely or part-time - we offer great opportunities for mobile working as well as different part-time models or job-sharing. Feel free to contact us.
Diversity and inclusion are not just trends for us but are firmly anchored in our corporate culture. Therefore, we welcome all applications, regardless of gender, age, disability, religion, ethnic origin or sexual identity.
Need support during your application?
Christine Weber (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 6367
Need further information about the job?
Frank Felten (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 7985