Intern | Text Prompting for Robotic Disassembly (Generative AI)
Sep 06, 2023
Robert Bosch (South East Asia) Pte Ltd is a regional subsidiary of the Bosch Group, representing the Group's interests in Southeast Asia where it is present in all ASEAN member countries. Business operations in these countries report to Robert Bosch (South East Asia) Pte Ltd, located in Singapore. Bosch has been present in Southeast Asia since 1919, with diversified businesses in the company's four business sectors - Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. Bosch's strategic objective is to improve quality of life with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is “Invented for life.”
At Bosch, we care. For you, our business, and our environment.
Let’s turn visions into reality. At Bosch,we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our areas of activity are every bit as diverse as our outstanding Bosch teams around the world. Their creativity is the key to innovation through connected living, mobility or industry. Our responsibility goes far beyond business. We’re independent of stock markets and bound to the purpose of the Robert Bosch Foundation; our success directly benefits society, the environment, and future generations. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
Let’s be remarkable.
As a member of the advanced development team, the candidate will gain hands-on experience working on the cutting-edge intersection of robotics, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves developing a system that leverages large language models to generate text-based prompts that instruct robots on disassembling devices and machinery. Imagine a world where robots can understand and follow text-based instructions as efficiently as humans - you can help make that a reality! Overall, the candidate will support the supervisor on:
- Experimentation and identification of suitable large language models.
- Implement and optimize the developed algorithms that enable robots to interpret and execute disassembly instructions generated.
- Develop and maintain web scraping scripts to extract data from a variety of sources.
- Rigorously test the developed system under different scenarios and evaluate its performance and efficiency.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of the developed code, algorithms, and performance evaluations.
- Able to work full time for a period of at least 6 months.
- Undergraduate/Postgraduate currently pursuing a Degree/Masters in Computer Science, Robotics Engineering, or a related technical field with a keen desire to learn and adapt.
- Knowledge and experience with natural language processing and deep learning-based object detection, localization and segmentation frameworks (e.g., YOLO, SegmentAnything etc.).
- Experience in deep learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow/PyTorch), Python, GitHub and BeautifulSoup; familiarity with ROS and 3D modeling tools such as Blender, NVIDIA Omniverse (highly desirable).
- Curiosity-driven, independent thinking, facts and data-centric style of argument construction.
- Aptitude for gathering reliable and trustworthy data, summarizing new knowledge quickly and efficiently.
- Candidate should fulfil the visa requirements for employment in Singapore
- Applicant must be enrolled at a university throughout internship period.