Data Analytics Engineer (Hybrid)
Aug 31, 2023
Mount Prospect, IL, United States
GO WITH A VALUE-DRIVEN ORGANIZATION WHOSE PARENT EARNS REVENUES OF $78 BILLION EUROS A YEAR.
At the Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, we know that every career matters. Which is why you should conduct yours on a grand scale. Headquartered in the northwest Chicago suburb of Mount Prospect, we are a $990 million division of Bosch, a multinational engineering and electronics organization and the largest privately held employer in the world.
Guided by the principles of founder Robert Bosch, we offer a setting where social and environmental responsibility are part of our corporate DNA. Always mindful of our impact on the future, we are committed to sustainability, paying it forward, giving back, and lifelong learning. These are but a few of the reasons why our parent company has more than 400,000 associates and a legacy of success spanning 135+ years.
Preserving the financial independence essential to innovation, Robert Bosch Tool Corporation is responsible for $990 million in annual revenues.
As a division of a large, privately held consumer packaged goods organization, our Mount Prospect location offers the financial resources and agility to remain flexible and responsive to changes in the marketplace. Within Accounting and Finance, you may have the opportunity to collaborate with our financial planning and analysis group to support four of our key business units and shared services departments with internal and external financial reports, forecasting, and the business-planning process.
This is your chance to Go big. Go bold. And secure the future of a large and powerful organization, with the Robert Bosch Tool Corporation!
GO BOSCH, AND EXPERIENCE BIG REWARDS.
Robert Bosch Tool Corporation offers the competitive compensation, career-development resources, and benefits you would expect of a world leader, including health, medical, and financial plans; work/life balance; and flexible work options.
GO BIG. GO BOLD. GO BOSCH.
This role is hybrid remote with 40% monthly in-office presence in Mount Prospect, Illinois. (2-3 days in office per week)
The Data Analytics Engineer will own the modeling, transformation, and serving of datasets and analysis to support business operations across all functions.They will also be responsible for building and maintaining pipelines that extracting data from multiple sources and load it to the target Oracle database for exploration and visualization development. The role requires an individual who can take real-world business problems, develop plans, implement solutions with technologies, and speak to the benefit of those solutions with multiple stakeholders at all levels.
- Collaborates regularly with functional areas of the business to understand analytics needs for potential projects
- Gather requirements of data project(s), work with team members on solution, build and deploy solution
- Develops, deploys, and maintains batch data pipelines (currently using Alteryx Designer)
- Monitors quality of data, fix pipeline errors, and address schema changes in data sources
- Creates and alters database objects in target storage (Oracle), based on new data sources, user requirements, and governance
- Models and serves high quality data to stakeholders based on needs, best practices, and overall BI strategy
- Works closely with analysts on their pain points or new requirements for existing solutions and guide them in their utilization of the data and development of KPIs/metrics
- Manages accesses of users, work spaces, and gateways on Power BI Cloud
- Assists in leading the continuous development of overall BI strategy
- Is an ambassador for data-driven thinking at every level of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in data-oriented, math, or technology field (Engineering, Software development, CS, Mathematics, Business Analytics, Data Science, etc…) or 8 years commensurate experience
- 5+ years in a technical data role (Data Engineer, Analytics Engineer, Data Analyst, BI Developer, etc…)
- Strong communication and analytical skills, with the ability to translate technical topics for all audiences
- Entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving and ability to manage ambiguity
- Experience profiling, wrangling, and transforming data via tools or programming languages (e.g., python, R, Alteryx, Knime, dbt, etc…)
- Experience with developing data pipelines
- A strong understanding of ELT principles (e.g., data source behavior, change capture, full vs incremental loading)
- Professional knowledge and comfortability using SQL (CRUD operations, transformations, windows functions, CTE, sub-queries)
- Experience managing an RDBMS (creating and managing users and schemas, tables, views, stored procedures, roles, etc.…)
- Deep understanding of normalization and other concepts around data modeling (grain, aggregations, facts and dimensions, primary and foreign keys, cardinality, etc.…)
- Experience in developing data visualizations (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.…)
- Desire to learn different technologies and platforms is a plus
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization is not available.