At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference!
- As a DevOps Engineer for Big Data Sustainability you support data analysts and engineers in efficiently using the Bosch internal Big-Data - Hadoop Platform and communicate, implement and orchestrate platform improvements based on project specific requirements.
- You design, build and run the Big Data - Hadoop Platform, while aligning with an international team and working closely with other DevOps engineers and platform stakeholders to shape the future Hadoop platform ecosystem.
- Part of your work entails designing and implementing orchestration, automation and security of the platform, both on-premise as in the public clouds, as well as further development of the platform according to customer requirements, using know-how in the Big Data and Hadoop technologies.
- It lies in your responsibility to ensure stable operations of the platform, e.g., by implementing monitoring and automation, integrating with other parts of Bosch’s IT and taking on the user support for the platform by restoring service operation as quickly as possible and in case of failures, communicating planned and unplanned outages, and implementing bug-fixes.
- Consulting platform users, management and other stakeholders on technical level regarding tool selection, code quality, connectivity topics and workload performance round off your work.
- Education: completed university degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Sciences, Engineering or related fields
- Experience: experience as Software or DevOps engineer in the area of complex platforms (e.g., Big Data ecosystems) and with with Hadoop Ecosystem (Spark, HFDS, YARN, Hive, Impala, Oozie), ideally Cloudera Hadoop and security frameworks (e.g., Kerberos, OAuth)
- Knowledge: hands-on experience in public and private cloud technologies and automation (e.g. Azure, Docker, Kubernetes) as well as in at least on major scripting or programming language (preferred: Python, Bash); ability to succeed in a complex environment
- Personality: team player, outcome-oriented, responsible
- Working Practice: structured, independent, analytical, agile
- Enthusiasm: willingness to work in a larger team including customers and enjoy working in an international team; willingness to learn, understand and adapt to new technologies
- Languages: German and business English, both written and spoken
We would like to offer you number of amenities for you and your loved ones.
- Contract of employment and a competitive salary (together with annual bonus)
- Flexible working hours with home office after the pandemic as well
- Referral Bonus Program
- Copyright costs for IT employees
- Canteen in the office with co-financed lunches
- Complex environment of working, professional support and possibility to share knowledge and best practices
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment
- Broad access to professional trainings, conferences and webinars
- Language courses
- Private medical care and life insurance
- Multisport card and sports teams
- Number of benefits for families (for instance summer camps for kids)
- Non working days on the 24th and 31st of December
- Discounts for Bosch products