Energy Data Analyst
Nov 20, 2023
USA, VA, Arlington (2530 Crystal Dr)
Energy Data Analyst
As data analyst, you love diving into data and turning it into meaningful insights. With the abundance of structured and unstructured data, you understand the importance of transforming complex data sets into useful information to solve challenges. As a data analyst at Booz Allen, you can use your skills and experience to support a mission and use data for good. We need a data expert like you to bring your expertise to support the Department of Defense in its energy resilience initiatives.
As a client-facing data analyst on our Defense Energy team, you’ll work closely with your clients to understand their questions and needs and then dig into their data-rich environments to find the pieces of their information puzzle. Not only will you provide a deep understanding of their data, you’ll also advise your client on what the information means and how it can be used to make an impact on the Department of Defense's ability to execute its mission.
How You’ll Contribute:
As a data analyst on our team, you’ll:
- Use your data analytics expertise to support client and stakeholder relationships.
- Research, develop, and test data methodologies, and generate cross-functional solutions through collection, interpretation, and analysis of large data sets.
- Contribute to impactful work and guide decision-making across multiple organizations.
- Apply consulting skills and data analytics expertise by simplifying technical requirements and trends, based on audience.
- Present data findings and recommendations to clients and stakeholders using your knowledge of databases, scripting languages, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Establish quantitative and qualitative metrics and key performance indicators to drive technical outcomes.
- Apply data visualization through different formats
- Grow your communication and technical skills by merging consulting and big data to create data-centric solutions across mission areas.
Work with us to drive large-scale business and process decisions through data insights.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 5+ years of experience with applied data analytics or data science
- Experience collecting, cleaning, and wrangling data to feed analytics procedures
- Experience in statistical analysis across disparate data sources, drawing inference, and detecting the signal from the noise
- Knowledge of an object-oriented language, including Python, R, or Java
- Ability to develop, showcase, and defend analytical procedures with results informing decision making at multiple levels within an organization
- Ability to program and configure business intelligence tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, or Qlik back-end and create front-end dashboards and visualizations
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor's degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience in the energy industry or a related field
- Experience working for the defense industry
- Experience with extract, transform, and load (ETL) in parallel processing and distributed compute environments
- Experience with designing novel machine learning methods and workflows, including full data pipelines from raw data through predictions
- Experience with using Perl, SAS, SPSS, C++, or C# for data analysis
- Master’s Degree in Data Science or related fields
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll build your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $73,100.00 to $166,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.