Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We're looking for a Data Analyst to join the Seller Customer Success Operations team to help build the strategy by providing data insights around customer satisfaction, team happiness, and operational efficiency. You will lead experimentation initiatives (including AB testing), develop automation solutions, run analysis and summarize insights from the vast amount of data captured by Square, and drive strategic decisions based on data to improve the performance of our organization. You will partner with senior leadership to accomplish these projects, providing analytical horsepower to high-level projects You will report into the Data Analytics & Data Science Manager.
- Partner with stakeholders to make data-driven decisions across the organization by leveraging descriptive and predictive analytics where it will have material impact
- Apply a diverse set of tactics including statistics and quantitative reasoning to solve problems as well as independently research and produce actionable insights
- Own, coordinate, and solve complex, cross-functional problems with data driven analysis
- Communicate analysis and decisions to high-level stakeholders and executives in verbal, visual, and written media
- Provide comprehensive day-to-day analytics support to partner teams, develop tools and resources to empower data access and self-service so your expertise can be leveraged where it is most impactful
- Lead strategic analytical projects that provide relevant insights or promote operational change.
- Perform ad hoc analyses of business performance trends to inform executive decisions and provide ad hoc reporting in Looker. For example, performing deep dive analytics on high-impact topics such as drivers of call volumes by customer segment and the long-term impact of calling Customer Success
- 2+ years of analytical experience in consulting, data analytics, data science, or machine learning and predictive analytics
- Bachelor's degree required, with major in analytics, statistics, finance or data science field
- Advanced to expert level SQL proficiency and have familiarity with concepts beyond querying (schema and ETL design, and query optimization)
- Strong forecasting skills
- Experience with reporting and visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Work experience with Python
- Proven ability to lead data-driven cross-functional projects that depend on the contributions of others in a variety of disciplines
- Fluency with statistics techniques to structure analyses and provide insights (e.g. statistical tests, AB testing)
- Familiarity with scripting/programming for data mining and modeling is a plus
- Experience in applying data-backed heuristics to solve practical product problems such as predicting churn, cross selling, clustering user archetypes, and more is a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page****_._
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.