We are looking for an experienced RGM (Revenue Growth Management) Data Scientist to join the Data Science practice for a Data Science and Data Engineering company headquartered in Edinburgh UK, with an office in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
The core aim of the business is to create the largest EMEA independent data and analytics specialist focused on delivering against the promise of data. We believe that data that doesn't drive value is lost opportunity, and we are passionate about helping our clients drive better outcome through applied analytics.
We are obsessed with delivering world class solutions to our customers through our network of industry leading partners. If this sounds like your kind of challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Life as a Senior Data Science Consultant at Blend360
We are looking for someone who is ready for the next step in their career and is excited by the idea of solving problems and designing solutions using cutting edge tools. However, they also need to be aware of the practicalities of making a difference in the real world – whilst we love innovative advanced solutions, we also believe that sometimes a simple solution can have the most impact.
Our Senior Data Science Consultant is someone who feels the most comfortable around messy data, solving problems and answering questions. We place a high value on the ability to communicate and translate complex analytical thinking into non-technical and commercially oriented concepts, and experience working on difficult projects and/or with demanding stakeholders is always appreciated.
The role itself is heavily focused on developing and applying innovative data-centric solutions around RGM’s main elements; amongst others, pricing, promotions, assortment, competition dynamics etc. Changing consumer behaviours, advances in data and analytics, and channel shifts have created new opportunities towards targeted pricing strategies and higher revenue and profit pools.
Reporting into the Data Science team, and working closely with the Data Engineering team, this role will be responsible for driving high delivery standards and innovation in the company. Typically, this involves using data analytics, machine learning and appropriate statistical techniques to develop and implement a diverse portfolio of ‘production-ready’ RGM models. The role requires extensive hands-on experience in Econometric, Marketing Mix Modelling, as well as Pricing and attribution analysis, to uncover actionable insights and then reporting the findings back to stakeholders in a clear and relevant manner.
As the Data Science team grows, mentoring junior analysts/data scientists and leading project teams will also form part of day-to-day functions.
What can you expect from the role?
- Preparing and presenting compelling analysis findings to clients and senior stakeholders
- Use a variety of analytical tools and methods to deliver regular reports and deep dive strategic analytics
- Own tasks end-to-end and manage the process and team of analysts
- Contributing to proposal submissions and business development initiatives under the direction of the Leadership team
- Supporting the development of the data science team within Forth Point
- Support in the road-mapping of analytical projects
What you need to have?
- Perform data cleaning, QC and exploratory analysis to discover key insights
- Commercial experience using predictive modelling (supervised and unsupervised) using R, Python or similar
- Presenting analytical results to clients and experienced in stakeholder management
- Experience in leading and delivering projects end-to-end, managing the data science solution and the team of analysts in a non-academic setting
- Ability to be flexible with approaches, techniques and technology
- Experience in at least 2 of the following: Econometric Modelling, Marketing Analytics, Market Mix modelling, Multitouch Attribution, Pricing elasticity modelling
Nice to have
- Ability to work and process large amounts of data/experience working with cloud environments
- Experience and working knowledge of relevant sectors (e.g. CPG)
- Experience with proposal submissions and business development initiatives under the direction of the Leadership team
- Experience in designing data science solutions from concept through to evaluation and monitoring models in production
- Experience in managing teams or supporting team development
*No agencies please