Associate, Data Analyst
Nov 04, 2023
BU3-Budapest-GTC White House, Vaci ut 47, District XIII, Budapest
About this role
Introduction to ETF & Index Investing (EII):
BlackRock’s ETF and Index Investments (EII) business is built from the union of Beta Strategies and iShares®. EII is the leading index investment engine in the world with over $3 Trillion in assets under management. We help investors build better portfolios with the industry’s leading suite of index investment tools. We enable them to replace individual securities, to take short-term market views, to invest cash rapidly, to execute more efficiently than swaps, futures or individual bonds, to take long-term core positions and to construct efficient portfolios. We are the best in the world at building and managing efficient index tools for our clients. We serve every kind of investor: pensions, insurers, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, asset managers, wealth advisors and individual investors.
Your Team and Role:
The EII Global Strategy & Business Intelligence team is responsible for driving business strategy and leading initiatives across regions and functions. The Senior Data Analyst will be a core member of the team and will play a central role in evaluating and analyzing data that supports the business. The successful candidate will be collaborating with business leaders and assess all available forms of data intelligence that drive our strategy, product and distribution, with the goal of enhanced analytics and insights that will enable us to support growth.
BlackRock is looking for a candidate who is a high-energy, self-motivated individual excited to work in a fluid, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Technical acumen with demonstrated hands on experience will be a key building block as well as the confidence to lay out project schedules and understand dependencies.
- Assess current internal intelligence and evaluate third party data sources for closing gaps
- Work with a wide variety of internal data platforms to come up with client insights
- Collaborate with partners in collecting and evaluating data that supports strategy teams to assess key performance indicators
- Formulate and build data-driven business intelligence and competitor insights
- Engage with other EII teams and functions across multiple regions
- Participate in the planning of and develop client behavior analysis and identify portfolio model usage to support strategy across all client channels and product segments
- 5+ years professional experience or equivalent experience in a graduate school program; a variety of backgrounds including those outside of financial services
- Knowledge and interest in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability and interest in diving deep into complex data models and ETLs in order to come up with solutions to streamline, scale and automate existing or new processes
- Fluency or desire to become quickly fluent with at least one programming language such as Python
- Skilled in SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Forward thinking with attention to detail and desire to improve our processes
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- High degree of professional discretion, integrity, and judgement
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.