We are seeking a highly skilled data scientist with a strong background in programming to join our team. The ideal candidate should have intensive hands-on experience in Python programming, a strong understanding of statistical concepts, and experience with simulations such as Monte Carlo. This role will require the development of Python-based web UI with Streamlit and the implementation of complex algorithms in Python. In this role, you will work side-by-side with Biogen’s Data Scientists and Statisticians – you will have the opportunity to implement the latest methods from state-of-the-art (SOTA) research papers and get involved in the entire development lifecycle of the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AIML) applications. Also, the candidate will collaborate with IT to validate applications and write test cases and validation documents.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement AIML algorithms in Python and create Python-based web UI with Streamlit for data visualization.
- Collaborate with IT to validate applications and write test cases and validation documents.
- Conduct complex data analysis and create statistical models for portfolio simulations, such as Monte Carlo.
- Research and deliver Natural Language Processing (NLP) projects, utilizing cutting-edge algorithms such as GPT, Llama, etc.
- Apply decision analytics and decision science principles to solve complex problems.
Who You Are
The successful candidate will be a problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited about investigations and algorithms, and is passionate about finding insights in data and using quantitative skills to solve complex problems.
Required Skills and Experience:
- M.S. (or higher degree) in a quantitative field such as Data Science, Statistics, Biostatistics, Econometrics, Economics, or engineering or relevant comparable background.
- MS with 2+ years/PhD with 1+ years of industry experience working as a data scientist or similar roles in pharmaceutical/ biotechnology/ CRO industry.
- 3+ years of experience with using scripting language (e.g. Python, R), data querying languages (e.g.SQL)
- Strong understanding of statistical concepts (e.g. probability, t-test, F-test, p-value, logistic regression), and with experience in simulations such as Monte Carlo.
- Strong data visualization skills and experience with relevant tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Matplotlib, Seaborn)
- Familiarity with regular expressions and NLP packages in Python (e.g. NLTK, SpaCy), and at least one machine learning framework (e.g. scikit-learn, Pytorch, Transformers),
- Experience with Large Language Models (LLMs) such as GPT, Llama, etc.
- Experience in developing Python-based web UI with Streamlit.
- Familiarity with HPC, Databricks, and other similar platforms.
- Knowledge in decision analytics and decision science.
- Experience in the pharma industry is preferred.
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.
At Biogen, we are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients we serve. We know that diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives make us a stronger and more innovative company, and we are focused on building teams where every employee feels empowered and inspired. Read on to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.