At Beyond Finance, we’ve made it our mission to help everyday Americans escape the endless cycle of crippling debt and step into a brighter financial future. Through compassionate, individualized care, supportive user-centric technology, and customized financial solutions, we’ve helped over 300,000 clients on their path to a debt-free life.
While we’re proud of what we’ve already accomplished (over $2 billion in resolved debt), we're searching for new collaborators to help us get to the next level! If you’re looking to join a forward-thinking, rapidly growing organization with helping people as its number one goal, we want to hear from you.
About the Role
As a Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer your primary day-to-day tasks will include working with stakeholders to understand and accomplish their data needs. You will use our BI tech stack (Looker and Snowflake) to deliver business value in the form of:
- Developing business modeling layer in Looker
- Looker dashboards
- Automate data extracts
- ETL (refining & curating data)
You will also come up with your own recommendations and ideas of what can be done with the data beyond the initial requirements.
You must be willing to take a deep dive in the data and understand the meaning, understand idiosyncrasies and communicate at both a technical and business level. You’ll ensure the business definitions are documented.
You must be willing to start work no later than 9am CT on business days.
The ideal candidate would :
- Have 3+ years of experience with modern day visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Qlik
- Expertise in SQL
- Ability to mine and understand how data is used for decision making, examine anomalies and patterns
- Ability to map data structures from source / operational system to curated and author medium complexity ETL
- Drive the governance process of ensuring all stakeholders are congruent on the meaning of the data and it’s well documented
- Build the BI layer of abstraction with KPIs needed by stakeholders to measure business performance
- Build reports when needed and train others in the ability to build BI reports, teaching them the concepts and complexities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Ability to simplify complex technical jargon into easy to understand business language
- Knowledge of data warehousing and modeling concepts
- Familiar with Github or similar tool for code management
- Self starter, quick learner, able to juggle multiple priorities and work in a fast paced environment
Why join us?
- Health benefits, Flexible PTO, 401(K) match, growth opportunities
Why Join Us?
While you make a difference for others, we’ll work to make a difference for you, providing an uplifting, collaborative work environment and benefits that reflect your value to us. For eligible full-time employees, we offer:
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental, and vision programs
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid parental leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training
And finally, our team spirit and culture! We cultivate an environment of community, connection, and belonging across our entire organization.
Beyond Finance does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job positions. No fee will be paid to their parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Beyond Finance employees or the Beyond Finance HR team. No placement fee will be paid to any third party unless such a request has been made by the Beyond HR team.