At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Bazaarvoice is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join us in building the future of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Products. You will lead a team of Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists that are continually experimenting with new ML/AI techniques and supporting the many Machine Learning models that are already key to Bazaarvoice’s business.
You will work closely with Engineering leadership and other teams to ensure the availability of our services, provide a stable and efficient platform, and enable other teams to strategically incorporate ML into their Products. You’re an excellent leader, communicator, innovative and self-motivated, with a positive approach to teamwork. You have a passion for people management, mentorship, and career growth on your team(s).
You have an analytical approach and have experience in evaluating capability needs and the suitability of initiatives against the strategy. You’re data-driven in your decision-making, willing to take calculated risks and fail fast, and aren’t afraid to raise your hand when you see areas to improve.
Primary Duties of the Role:
- Collaborating on product strategy with your Product Manager, working with them to manage and prioritize the product backlog for 1 or two Product Development teams
- Providing informal performance feedback frequently, recognizing achievement, and flagging opportunities for growth.
- Writing quarterly and annual performance feedback and completing performance evaluations for multiple teams.
- Providing advice and assistance to teams on technical difficulties that arise in the course of doing their work.
- Staying current on the development tools and technologies that your team members are using.
Skills and Experience Necessary for the Role:
- Excellent coaching, mentorship, and career development experience.
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks and algorithms
- Knowledge of public cloud technologies and serverless service options.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational ability
- Experience flagging issues that your team might overlook (such as scalability, performance, security, compliance, operational readiness, etc.).
- Experience working in an agile software development environment and will seek out opportunities for improvement while identifying and managing risk.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- 3+ years of Engineering Leadership delivering products at scale
- Hands-on experience with Machine Learning frameworks and algorithms
- Proven track-record of leading ML-enabled products from idea to delivering value in production
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience developing products on Public cloud Hosting platforms (ex. AWS, GCP, etc)
Why join Bazaarvoice?
Customer is key
We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes.
We approach every situation with a customer first mindset.
Transparency & Integrity Builds Trust
We believe in the power of authentic feedback because it’s in our DNA.
We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
Passionate Pursuit of Performance
Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive & curiosity.
We love what we do, and because we’re laser focused on our mission.
Innovation over Imitation
We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo.
We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives.
We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams.
As a stronger company we build a stronger community.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.