Data Scientist - Latin America - Remote
Sep 15, 2023
Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina - Remote
Azumo is currently looking for a highly motivated Data Scientist to develop and enhance data and analytics infrastructure. The position is FULLY REMOTE based in Latin America.
This position will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team and talented data scientists in the field of big data analytics. If you have a passion for designing and implementing advanced machine learning and deep learning models, this role is perfect for you. We are seeking a skilled Data Scientist with expertise in Python for production-level projects, proficiency in machine learning and deep learning techniques such as CNNs and Transformers, and experience working with PyTorch.
Your responsibilities will include developing and deploying supervised and unsupervised anomaly detection algorithms, utilizing libraries such as pandas, numpy, and scikit-learn. Familiarity with agile methodologies, scrum ceremonies, and JIRA is a plus, along with a strong foundation in descriptive statistics. Excellent English communication skills are essential for collaborating with cross-functional teams. Additionally, any experience with cloud platforms (AWS/GCP), big data tools like Spark, and visualization tools such as PlantUML will be highly valued in this role.
At Azumo we strive for excellence and strongly believe in professional and personal growth. We want each individual to be successful and pledge to help each achieve their goals while at Azumo and beyond. Challenging ourselves and learning new technologies is at the core of what we do. We believe in giving back to our community and will volunteer our time to philanthropy, open source initiatives and sharing our knowledge.
Based in San Francisco, California, Azumo is an innovative software development firm helping organizations make insightful decisions using the latest technologies in data, cloud and mobility. We combine expertise in strategy, data science, application development and design to drive digital transformation initiatives for companies of all sizes.
The Data Engineer will be based remotely. Compensation commensurate with experience and candidate potential.
- Degree or master's in computer science, data science, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Python for production projects.
- Proficiency in machine learning and deep learning techniques (e.g., CNNs, Transformers).
- Experience with PyTorch.
- Expertise in supervised and unsupervised anomaly detection.
- Mastery of pandas, numpy, and scikit-learn.
- Agile methodologies, scrum ceremonies, and JIRA experience.
- Foundation in descriptive statistics.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Familiarity with PlantUML or equivalent documentation tools.
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS/GCP).
- Experience with big data tools like Spark.
- Paid time off (PTO)
- U.S. Holidays
- Udemy free Premium access
- Mentored career development
- Free English Courses
- Profit Sharing
- $US Remuneration