We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our data engineering and data science practice. This group is responsible for sourcing data from our internal systems, partners, industry datasets, etc. and delivering it into a consumable and maintainable data warehouse to facilitate decision making by our internal stakeholders using various analytics tools.
The Job Details:
- Create and maintain an optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Design and implement various data flow automations using various tools and technologies.
- Build optimal ETL jobs and pipelines from a variety of data sources using SQL, REST APIs, Azure Data technologies, Microsoft Power Platform technologies and Python
- Build analytical dashboards and reports using BI and reporting tools to provide actionable insights
- Work with various stakeholders to gather requirements and provide operational support for our data warehouse, reports and dashboards
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and Azure and OCI cloud regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.